- By special arrangement, we now offer Learning About Diabetes, an interactive educational board game about type 1 and type 2 diabetes designed for adults and older children, at $39.95, $10 off the retail price! Buy in our online store!
- Pump users and care givers of kids with pumps are encouraged to take a Insulin Pump Survey.
- Pinki Kiljunen from Finland shares the experience of her son's diagnosis
- Join us for a special chat about "Let's Talk Turkey: Enjoy Thanksgiving and Keep Control" on Monday, November 20th at 9pm in the Food Matters chat room.
- Read transcripts of our two special chats from last week:
- Food Label Detective: In Search of Hidden Carbs
- Virtual Supprt Group: Type 2 Diabetes
- The Tennessee Camp for Diabetic Children offers both one and two week camping sessions.
- Gadget Grrl suggests massage and aroma therapy.
- Study reports on Absenteeism And Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- MiniMed reports on initiation of human clinical trials of a long-term implantable glucose sensor developed by an affiliated company, Medical Research Group, Inc.
- Study examines the Incidence of Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Worldwide.
- Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc. Announces New Non-Profit 'Pumps For Kids' Foundation to Donate Insulin Pumps.
- Vitamins C and E May Reduce Risk, Complications of Diabetes.
- Tight Metabolic Control in Diabetic Pregnancy Necessary for Normal Fetal Growth. (Free Medscape membership required)
- The BBC reports on the costs of diabetes in the UK.
- Diabetic Lifestyle reviews the challenges of caring for kids with diabetes.
- Digital fluoroscopy is a useful method for determining potential problems with indwelling catheters.
- What is Type 1 Diabetes? and Living With Diabetes are web-based, interactive explorations of Type 1 diabetes and the challenges of day-to-day living. Both use Flash.
- Diabetes and Depression Have a Complex Relationship. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Health Talk Interactive's Diabetes Education Network has interviews with people prominent in the field of diabetes, including Rick Mendosa, author of Rick Mendosa's Diabetes Directory.
- Pump mom Barb Chafe has a new web site to help others interested in learning about the insulin pump.
- Student will scale peak to send diabetes message, do research.
- 7-year-old asks for donations to aid young cousin with diabetes.
- Each night 5 1/2-year-old Casey Diwishek asks God for a cure.
- University of Miami football player Todd Sievers was diagnosed with Juvenile Type 1 Diabetes two days after the University of Miami's victory over Virginia Tech.
- Last week's poll asked if pump-using readers have ever stopped using the pump. This week's poll asks readers what they think of the new US stamp promoting diabetes awareness.
- Chefs collaborate on free cookbook for diabetics.
- We review the excellent new book, The Diabetic Athlete.
- The Featured Book of the Week is When Diabetes Hits Home: The Whole Family's Guide to Emotional Health by Wendy Satin Rapaport, LCSW, PsyD.
- Our review of the 2000 ADA Annual Meeting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.