- Just in time for the holidays, we have two specials in our online store:
- By special arrangement, we now offer Learning About Diabetes, an interactive educational board game about type 1 and type 2 diabetes designed for adults and older children, at $39.95, $10 off the retail price!
- The Discovery of Insulin is on sale for $15, discounted from the retail price of $18.
- Innocence Lost is a poem by Deah Fisher, whose 14-month-old son was diagnosed with Type 1 on November 16, 2000.
- Join us for our special chats this week:
- Food Matters: The Skinny on Fat with Lea Ann Holzmeister on Monday, December 18 at 9pm Eastern in the Food Matters room.
- Virtual Support: Type 2 Diabetes with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge on Wednesday, December 20 at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support room.
- Read the transcripts from our two special Herbs and Diabetes chat from last week.
- The Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund publishes books that help explain the rights of people with disabilities. They also publish a Sample 504 Plan and Sample Healthcare Plan.
- Glucose-Dependent Insulin Release from Genetically Engineered K Cells.
- Diabetes research at the University of Florida gets big boost.
- Molecule May Stop Immune System Damage In Diabetes.
- Early peri-operative hyperglycaemia and renal allograft rejection in patients without diabetes.
- Relationship between patient practice-oriented knowledge and metabolic control in intensively treated Type 1 diabetic patients.
- Study finds cognitive deficits are associated with moderately impaired glucose regulation in young healthy volunteers.
- The 11th International Congress of Endocrinology was held in Sydney, Australia from 29 Oct to 2 Nov 2000.
- FDA Clears Additional Body Testing Sites for Freestyle, a Virtually Pain-Free Blood Glucose Monitor.
- Cygnus' GlucoWatch® Biographer to Receive American Chemical Society's 2001 Industrial Biotechnology Award.
- Cygnus receives additional patents for the GlucoWatch®.
- LifeScan responds to results of the settlement of the SureStep lawsuit.
- The Fast of Ramadan and the Diabetic offers guidance to people with diabetes who wish to fast during Ramadan.
- Diabetes in the Classroom reports on the challenges many kids face at school.
- Australian teens suffer heart disease and diabetes.
- JDF reports on historic funding increase for Type 1 diabetes research.
- The ADA has a sample Section 504 plan for kids with diabetes.
- The Society for Endocrinology publishes its newsletter, The Endocrinologist, online.
- Last week's poll asked about our readership, to help us better understand who we serve. This week's poll asks readers if they ever skip meals.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Sun, The Rain, and The Insulin: Growing Up With Diabetes by Joan MacCracken, M.D.
- Our page about Specialty Foods is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.