Register now for our "It's a New Day in Diabetes" Conference and Expo, to be held from July 18-22, 2001 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Come to the conference and try a pump! Animas Corporation will be offering a great opportunity for potential would-be pumpers. Anyone interested in trying an Animas pump (with saline) may do so Thursday and Friday at the conference. For more information, contact Maura Emory, CDE, at 1-877-YES Pump, extension 164. Appointments are necessary.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated schedules for 2001 include:
- FCYD Utah Summer Camp is for kids with diabetes in Utah.
- Northern Illinois Day Camps provide a great summer experience for younger kids with diabetes.
- Triangle D, celebrating 52 years of camping, offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes chat with Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson on Wednesday, April 11 at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support Room.
- Read the Conference Report on "Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents" from the 2000 meeting of ISPAD. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Metabolic effects of restoring partial beta-cell function after islet allotransplantation in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Lilly to develop inhaled insulin.
- Rate Of Diabetes In Pregnancy On The Rise.
- Measuring Quality of Life in Children With Chronic Illness. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Redistribution of sudomotor responses is an early sign of sympathetic dysfunction in type 1 diabetes.
- Redistribution of blood volume in Type I diabetes.
- Animas Initiates Voluntary Recall For March Pumps.
- Insulin pump forum launched in UK.
- Maternal Weight Before Pregnancy Is Predictive of Recurrent Gestational Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Asymptomatic Type 1 Diabetes May Manifest Solely as 2-Hour OGTT Abnormality. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Seattle Schools End Segregation Attempt Against Children with Diabetes; Schools Agrees to Pay Damages to Parents.
- Staying healthy with Type 1 diabetes demands diligence, work.
- Caring for son is round-the-clock job.
- Article tells of Chicago sports reporter who has two sons with diabetes.
- Washington Post article revisits the question of injecting in public.
- Dream Trust aims to offer complete healthcare to underprivileged type 1 diabetics, especially children and with a particular focus on female diabetics.
- Kids and Diabetes is by two brothers with diabetes who also wrote the book Getting a Grip on Diabetes, newly published by the ADA. Blood, Sugar, Needles also tells their story, from the perspective of their older sister.
- The Junge Forschung is a German-lanuage web site for young pediatric endocrinologists.
- FEND is the Federation of European Nurses in Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers readers how much time they or their children exercise each week. This week's poll asks readers about nighttime blood glucose testing.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Gourmet by Francine Prince.
- Our page about Body Weight and Health Risk is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.