Only 7 weeks!
Come to the conference and try a pump! Both Animas and MiniMed will be offering a great opportunity for potential would-be pumpers. Anyone interested in trying an Animas pump (with saline) must contact Maura Emory, CDE, at 1-877-YES Pump, extension 164. Anyone interested in trying a MiniMed pump (with saline) or the MiniMed CGMS must contact Lisa Martinez at 800-933-3322, Extention 5046.
- Logan is three and was diagnosed in June 2000.
- Deena Sheets shares the experience of her son's diagnosis.
- There's still time to reserve your spot at summer camp.
- Trying to Stop Diabetes Before It Starts reports on the Diabetes Prevention Trial - Type 1. If you are not already enrolled in the DPT-1, please consider doing so.
- Loss of Enzyme Produces Diabetes-Like Symptoms.
- Aldose reductase inhibition ameliorates pupillary light reflex and f-wave latency in patients with mild diabetic neuropathy. (Full Text)
- Family Characteristics and Life Events Before the Onset of Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes in Young Adults. (Full Text)
- Idiopathic Type 1 Diabetes in Dallas, Texas: A 5-year experience. (Full Text)
- Study shows Zyprexa is no more linked to diabetes than rivals.
- Vitamin E intake reduces plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in T2DM patients.
- Vitamin Supplementation May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required)
- ACE Inhibitor Delays Progression of Diabetic Microalbuminuria. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Exercise Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetics. (Free Medscape membership required)
- A Systematic Approach to Risk Stratification and Intervention Within a Managed Care Environment Improves Diabetes Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction . (Full Text)
- A Model Educational Program for People With Type 2 Diabetes. (Full Text)
- Diabetes Screening in Canada (DIASCAN) Study: Prevalence of undiagnosed diabetes and glucose intolerance in family physician offices. (Full Text)
- Debiotech is working on a miniature pump for subcutaneous infusion of insulin.
- KTVX in Utah reported on Insulin Pumps for Kids.
- Diabetes 'will strike half of UAE population in 25 years'.
- The elderly and herbal meds: Buyer beware! addresses one woman's questions about herbal "remedies" for type 2 diabetes.
- Blaine Hellman will be one of four delegates representing Nebraska in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International Children's Congress 2001 June 24 through 27 in Washington, D.C..
- 'It's just a part of life': Youngsters learn to cope with juvenile diabetes.
- Pump maker MiniMed to be acquired by Medtronic. See also Biotech pioneer finds cures, vast fortune, an article about MiniMed founder Al Mann.
- CalorieKing.com has extensive information about food and nutrition, including a Food Database.
- Last week's poll asked readers who they see for their diabetes care. This week's poll asks readers about the kind of medical identification products that they or their children use.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Dinosaur Tamer and Other Stories for Children with Diabetes by Marcia Levine Mazur, Peter Banks and Andrew Keegan.
- Our News and Information section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.