Only 4 weeks!
There is still time to register for "It's a New Day in Diabetes" Conference and Expo, to be held from July 18-22, 2001 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Join Olympic Gold Medalist Gary Hall, Jr. in opening the Exhibit Hall in the Coronado Ballroom on Wednesday evening from 5:30 - 9:00pm. Gary will meet the kids individually (yes, and the parents, too), pose for photos, and hand out autographed posters.
Come to the conference and try a pump!
Animas, Disetronic and MiniMed will be offering a great opportunity for potential would-be pumpers to try a pump with saline. Reservations are required, however. Contacts are:
Animas: Maura Emory, CDE, at 1-877-YES Pump, extension 164.
Disetronic: Meredith Rivers at (800) 915-3698 ext. 5705
MiniMed: Lisa Martinez at 800-933-3322, Extention 5046.
Families from 36 states and 13 countries are currently registered. Curious where the families are traveling from? Check out the map!
- Join us for a Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes chat, hosted by Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson, on Wednesday, June 20th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support Room.
- Join us for a chat about the upcoming It's a New Day in Diabetes Conference and Expo, to be held at Walt Disney World in Florida from July 18-22, 2001. The chat is hosted by Laura Billetdeaux, Events Coordinator, on Friday, June 22nd at 9pm Eastern in the Disney 2001 Room.
- Transplanted Pig Islet Cells Keep Diabetic Baboon Off Insulin.
- MedScape reports on Transplant 2001: The Joint American Transplant Meeting, including New Immunosuppressive Strategies in Pancreas Transplantation. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Pancreas Islet Allotransplantation Maintained With 2 Weeks of Immunosuppression. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Business Week reports on the status of inhaled insulin.
- Tolerance Induction with Agonist Peptides Recognized by Autoaggressive Lymphocytes is Transient: Therapeutic Potential for Type 1 Diabetes is Limited and Depends on Time-point of Administration, Choice of Epitope and Adjuvant.
- Requirements for Viral-mediated Autoimmune Diabetes: ß-Cell Damage and Immune Infiltration.
- Type 1A Diabetes Induced by Infection and Immunization.
- Insulin shots in study aim to prevent Type 1 diabetes.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital wants to perform pancreas and kidney transplants.
- Is an Insulin Pump Right for Your Child and Family?
- Pump Therapy for Children: Weighing the Risks and Benefits -- View 1: The Cons of Insulin Pump Therapy in the Young Child.
- Pump Therapy for Children: Weighing the Risks and Benefits -- View 2: Insulin Pump Therapy in Young Children With Diabetes.
- HumaPen Ergo: A New 3.0ml Reusable Insulin Pen: Evaluation of Patient Acceptability. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Diabetes set to swallow a fifth of Britain's National Health Service budget.
- Britain's greatest Olympian Sir Steve Redgrave has launched National Diabetes Week by leading hundreds of walkers around London's Regents Park.
- The ADA launched an updated version of its website.
- Diabetes doesn't keep resilient golfer Verplank down.
- Miss Winona promotes diabetes awareness.
- Couple plans to walk the Appalachian Trail to raise money for diabetes.
- Bad River tribe gardens to fight diabetes.
- Locals to participate in marathon for diabetes awareness.
- The New York State Department of Health offers Children with Diabetes: A Resource Guide for Families of Children with Diabetes and Children with Diabetes: A Resource Guide for Schools. New York state residents can even order free printed copies.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they have a diabetes emergency kit. This week's poll asks readers if they've ever had a microalbumin test.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Care for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers: A Reassuring Guide by Jean Betschart, C.R.N.P., C.D.E.
- Our Art page is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.