- Our It's a New Day In Diabetes conference at Disney World was held last week. We'll have a full report next week.
- Kevin just turned two and was diagnosed a week before his first birthday.
- Haylee is 1 1/2 and was diagnosed in June 2001.
- Brad brings us up to date.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes chat with Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson, to be held on Wednesday, July 25th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support Room.
- The National Institutes of Health issued its report on stem cell research, entitled "Stem Cells: Scientific Progress and Future Research Directions." CNN reported on opposition to stem cell research.
- Meaning of Illness and Health Outcomes in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lifestyle changes shown to prevent Type 2 diabetes.
- In "For Some, Insulin Without Needles," The New York Times reports on inhaled insulin and shows an excellent photograph of the inhaled insulin device.
- Lifestyle and Behavior Modification in the Management of Obesity. (Free Medscape membership required)
- The Glycemic Index: Flogging a Dead Horse?.
- Therasense responds to letter about blood glucose testing using the arm in recent issue of in Diabetes Care.
- The first diabetic to walk to the North Pole has turned his gaze to the south.
- The CACTI Study is looking for participants to join a study looking at heart disease and Type 1 diabetes.
- LIFETOOLZ offers "a toolbox for your diabetes."
- Last week's poll asked readers how they test for ketones. This week's poll asks readers how often they use control solution to check their blood glucose meter.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Growing Up With Diabetes: What Children Want Their Parents to Know by Alicia McAuliffe.
- Our reviews of Blood Glucose Monitors are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.