- Jodie is 10 and was diagnosed in June 2001.
- Ode to the Pump is a poem by Heidi Vogan.
- Enter the LifeScan ONE TOUCH® Away From Winning sweepstakes to win a Trek Mountain Bike, ONE TOUCH Ultra, or other prizes.
- Our Friends database now has over 7,200 names. If you're looking for support, you're sure to find someone there. If your name isn't in the database, now's a good time to add it. And if you're already in the database, please check to be sure all of your information is up-to-date.
- With kids back in school across the US, it's time for parents and teens to help us update our Schools database, which has information about blood glucose testing rules and school nurse availability for over 1,100 public schools across the country. Please take a moment to update your school's information.
- You can share Children with Diabetes with others by giving them our free brochures and web site address cards.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes chat on Wednesday, September 12th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support chat room, hosted by Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson
- Diabetes vaccine to be tested.
- Emisphere Technologies Announces Clinical Results From Three Oral Insulin Studies.
- Pepper protein lowers blood sugars in dogs.
- Evaluation of the insulin resistance syndrome in 5- to 10-year-old overweight/obese african-american children. (Full text at Medscape.)
- Glucose induces beta-cell apoptosis via upregulation of the Fas receptor in human islets. See also Elevated Glucose Induces Apoptosis of Pancreatic Beta-Cells.
- Novo Nordisk established clinical proof of concept for its novel dual-acting insulin sensitiser, NN622, and the company has decided to initiate Phase 3 studies.
- Factors influencing Islet of Langerhans graft function and monitoring.
- Immunomodulatory therapy of human type 1 diabetes: lessons from the mouse.
- Therapeutic Perspectives for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Molecular and Clinical Insights.
- Consumer Reports magazine reviewed blood glucose meters in its October 2001 issue.
- Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes with Insulin Lispro During Ramadan.
- How Much Activity Do Youth Get? A Quantitative Review of Heart-Rate Measured Activity. See also Children May Need More Exercise Than US Guidelines Say.
- Characteristics of an Adult Population With Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes: The relation of obesity and age of onset. See also Increased Obesity Accelerates Onset of Type 2 Diabetes.
- BD has several excellent brochures online, including Gestational Diabetes, Delicious Desserts, and the Fast Food Guide.
- NFL star quarterback Donovan McNabb scores for diabetes prevention.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they have a 504 plan in place for their children. This week's poll asks readers how many times per day they or their children do a blood test.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taking Diabetes to School by Kim Gosselin.
- Our page about Medical Identification Products is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.