- We have information about Flying With Diabetes Supplies.
- Adults with type 1 diabetes are needed for a Type 1 Diabetes & Heart Disease Study.
- Enter the LifeScan ONE TOUCH® Away From Winning sweepstakes to win a Trek Mountain Bike, ONE TOUCH Ultra, or other prizes.
- Childrens Diabetes Games and Books has some games for kids with diabetes and a book for kids about using an insulin pump.
- TheraSense is once again funding scholarships for children to participate in nationwide diabetes summer camps in 2002. Nominations must be submitted by a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- We've added a page about NovoLog®, the new fast-acting insulin analog from Novo Nordisk.
- If you use an insulin pump, please take the pump survey.
- Read the transcript from last week's Type 2 support chat.
- Acute hypoglycemia in humans causes attentional dysfunction while nonverbal intelligence is preserved. See also Low Blood Sugar Shortens Attention Span.
- Pregnancy outcome in type 1 diabetic women with microalbuminuria.
- Clinical Efficacy of Fidarestat, a Novel Aldose Reductase Inhibitor, for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Study predicts doubling of incidence of type 1 diabetes in children in Germany within 20 years.
- Albuminuria and proteinuria in hospitalized patients as measured by quantitative and dipstick methods.
- N(epsilon)-(carboxymethyl)lysine levels in patients with type 2 diabetes: role of renal function.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy With Insulin Lispro: A randomized trial of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injection.
- FDA announces a voluntary recall of Micronase due to presence of fungal organisms.
- Some Diabetic Teens Prone to Risky Behavior.
- Cygnus Seeks Approval for Children Ages 7-17 to Use GlucoWatch® Biographer.
- Importance of Postprandial Glucose Control.
- Mission Control: New Approaches to Glycemic Management in Diabetes offers CME credit via a free online course.
- Insulin Resistance: Implications for Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Continuous Blood Glucose Data Sent Over The Internet.
- Diabetes a sudden threat for local girl.
- Miami Hurricane kicker battles obstacles on and off the field.
- San Francisco Bay Area Singles to Walk for American Diabetes Walk-A-Thon.
- Molecular Pathology of Type 1 Diabetes mellitus is a new scientific book about the underlying autoimmunity of type 1 diabetes.
- StaiWell makes bags for carrying diabetes supplies.
- Last week's poll asked readers if their child's school or day care provider requires calibration data from the child's blood glucose meter. This week's poll asks readers about how many weeks of diabetes supplies they usually keep at home.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Gourmet by Francine Prince.
- Emergency Glucose is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.