- Brian is almost 12 and uses a pump.
- The American Diabetes Association is accepting applications for the 2002 National Youth Advocate. Applications are due by February 15, 2002.
- Join us for a Holiday Feelings with Dr. Jill Weissberg-Benchell, on Monday, December 17th at 9pm Eastern in the Holiday Feelings Room.
- Read the transcript from the Holiday Meal Planning with Mike Schurig that was held on Wednesday, December 12th.
- Looking for a stocking stuffer? We recommend the Marissa Bear that supports the Children with Diabetes Foundation fund research into a cure.
- Scientists develop a "vaccine" against diabetes.
- Immunology of Diabetes Society is an international collaborative initiative set up to advance research related to the etiology, pathogenesis, prevention and cure of type 1 diabetes. Be sure to read their list of research trials.
- JDRF has published an updated Research E-Newsletter.
- Prevention of morphological changes in alginate microcapsules for islet xenotransplantation.
- Magnesium reduces insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and serum lipid concentrations in type 1 diabetes.
- Health-related quality of life in type 1 diabetic patients and influence of peripheral nerve involvement.
- Body composition assessment in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients over 15 years old.
- Risk factors for progression to proliferative diabetic retinopathy in the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study.
- Postprandial blood glucose as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease in Type II diabetes: the epidemiological evidence.
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has published a paper on Improving Care for Diabetes Patients Through Intensive Therapy and a Team Approach.
- New HbA1c test approved by the FDA for home use.
- Help North Carolina State Senator Patrick Ballantine pass legislation to prevent discrimination against children with diabetes in schools in North Carolina.
- Deep Dark Hot Chocolate is a perfect warm up on a cold winter day.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they do middle of the night blood tests. This week's poll asks readers how often they or their children with diabetes skip a meal.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Gourmet by Francine Prince.
- Flying with Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.