- The annual DRI A World of Hope Conference will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2002 at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
- Sharayah is six and was diagnosed when she was three.
- Sarah is 15 and lives in England.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 2002 camping season include:
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Colorado offers summer fun for kids with diabetes, including an equestrian camp.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, in Ohio, was founded in 1929 and is the oldest continuing camp for children with diabetes in the world. They have five summer sessions, a mini-camp for kids ages 4-7, and a teen bicycle adventure.
- Pump users in the Tampa Bay, Florida are are invited to participate in a focus group on a new insertion set and will be compensated for their time.
- Intensive insulin treatment in diabetic children.
- Long-term impact of neonatal breast-feeding on body weight and glucose tolerance in children of diabetic mothers.
- The concept of self-management of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents: an evolutionary concept analysis.
- High familial risk and genetic susceptibility in early onset childhood diabetes.
- Factors influencing remission phase in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- U.S. Clinical Trial Begins For Diapep277(TM), New Drug Shown To Arrest Progression Of Type 1 Diabetes.
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Clinical Trial Results of Vitrase for the Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Reversal of diabetes in mice by xenotransplantation of a bioartificial pancreas in a prevascularized subcutaneous site1.
- Calcineurin Inhibitor–Free CD28 Blockade-Based Protocol Protects Allogeneic Islets in Nonhuman Primates.
- Brittle diabetes in the elderly.
- Effect of Metformin in Pediatric Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A randomized controlled trial.
- FDA Approves Generic Versions of Diabetes Drug Metformin. See also New Drug Approvals - M from the FDA.
- Teaching and training programme on carbohydrate counting in Type 1 diabetic patients. See also our discussion of carbohydrate counting.
- North Carolina State Senator Patrick Ballantine is asking parents of kids with diabetes who live in the state to contact him via e-mail at Patrickb@ncleg.net with any problems or issues they may have about the support their kids receive at school. Additional information can be found online at type1info.com.
- Girls excel on the court and the field, despite medical challenges.
- Only a Year and a Half After Diabetes Diagnosis, Champion Cross-Country Skier Pursues His Olympic Dream.
- DiabetesOneStop.com, run by John Wiley and Sons, offers diabetes information for professionals and consumers alike.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they consider the glycemic index of food in their meal planning. This week's poll asks readers if they or their children have been tested for celiac.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Matthew Takes His Shot by Owen Coleman.
- Guidelines for Treating Lows by Age is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.