Of Continuing Interest
- The first Children with Diabetes: Focus on Technology weekend conferences will be held September 27-29, 2002 at the Crystal Mountain Resort near Traverse City, Michigan.
- Jim McCord is on his cross-country run from San Diego to Washington, D.C. to call attention to the need for increased federal funding for diabetes research. You can track his progress online or call 859-512-1550 for up-to-the-minute schedule information so you can meet Jim as he runs through your city.
- In response to the ever growing problem of unsolicited commercial e-mail ("spam"), a new anti-spam e-mail gateway was put in place last week to filter e-mail set to the childrenwithdiabetes.com, diabetes123.com, and diabetesmonitor.com domains. This e-mail gateway is very aggressive and has resulted in a reduction in spam of almost 99%. If you received a notice that your e-mail was not accepted, please use our online feedback form to report the error message you received.
New This Week
- We have a preliminary report from Pasadena 2002 Conference: Friends for Life.
- The Quilt for Life Online Gallery now has 265 quilts. The first showing of the quilt was on July 21, 2002 in Pasadena, California. New quilts should be shipped to Children with Diabetes, 5689 Chancery Place, Hamilton, OH, 45011.
- Our new Diabetes Youth Ambassador section is for teens around the world to help raise diabetes awareness where they live.
- Sara is Searchin' for a Cure.
- Diabetes Self-Management has an updated web site with articles from the magazine, including Insulin Pump Therapy for Kids and Getting Ready for College.
- Cygnus Receives $12.5 Million Milestone Payment under Expanded GlucoWatch Biographer Agreement with Sankyo.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they or their child has an HbA1c test performed each year. This week's poll asks readers how they or their child usually test for ketones.
- The Featured Product of the Week is the A1cNow Hemoglobin A1c Test, the first ever prescription at home test for HbA1c. Act now and receive a $1.00 discount off the purchase price of the single pack or a $2.00 discount off the two pack!
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace, Second Edition by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- Our You're a Parent section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.