Of Continuing Interest
- The first Children with Diabetes: Focus on Technology weekend conferences will be held September 27-29, 2002 at the Crystal Mountain Resort near Traverse City, Michigan.
- If you have not yet made a Quilt for Life square, please do so. We need hundreds, if not thousands, more squares to really show the impact of type 1 diabetes.
- The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation is seeking original artwork from kids for use in holiday cards. First prize is a $200 scholarship toward the CWD conference next year. See also Holiday Card Contest.
- Jim McCord is on his cross-country run from San Diego to Washington, D.C. to call attention to the need for increased federal funding for diabetes research. You can track his progress online or call 859-512-1550 for up-to-the-minute schedule information so you can meet Jim as he runs through your city.
New This Week
- We have a brief report from the annual meeting of the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Sydne is three and wants a pump.
- Join us for the next special LifeScan Chat on Wednesday, August 14th at 9pm Eastern. We'll be chatting with Clare Rosenfeld about CWD's recently launched International Diabetes Youth Ambassadors program. The chat will be in the "LifeScan Chat" room.
- Read the transcript from last week's Back to School chat. We're holding another back-to-school chat on Thursday, August 22nd at 9pm Eastern.
- We have four sample 504 plans for parents to use as templates for their child's plan. If you have a 504 plan, please consider sending a copy to email@example.com for inclusion in our samples. All personally identifying information is removed before the plans are posted.
- We review I'm Tougher Than Diabetes, a new book for kids with diabetes.
- TRIGR (Trial to Reduce Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in the Genetically at Risk) will determine if a delay of dietary exposure to intact foreign food proteins can reduce the risk of developing Type 1 diabetes in children genetically predisposed to the disease. See also TRIGR Study: A New Trial Investigates Environmental Triggers in Type 1 Diabetes by the JDRF.
- Abnormalities of the electrocardiogram during hypoglycaemia: the cause of the dead in bed syndrome?
- Diabetes and Suicidal Ideation Among Youth in the Community.
- On Monday, August 12th at 3pm EDT, you can participate in a web cast about The Power and Scope of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act - Using it to Advocate for Your Rights as a Person with a Disability. This session will be led by Brian East, a volunteer attorney with the American Diabetes Association's Attorney Network.
- At Camp Grins and Needles.
- Greenville family works to 'lure in a cure' for diabetes.
- Diabetes under control at school.
- STOMP is a federally funded parent training and information center that assists military families who have children with special education or health needs.
- Geneticists discover what pushes diseases' buttons.
- Hormone's newfound function may hold key to treating obesity.
- Last week's poll asked readers who use or have used a pump if they've ever taken a break from the pump. This week's poll asks readers how satisfied they are with the diabetes care their child receives while at school or daycare.
- The Featured Product of the Week is the A1cNow Hemoglobin A1c Test, the first ever prescription at home test for HbA1c. Act now and receive a $1.00 discount off the purchase price of the single pack or a $2.00 discount off the two pack!
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taking Diabetes to School by Kim Gosselin.
- With the return to school just a couple weeks away, our section on Diabetes at School is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.