- The THOR Foundation is offering scholarships for families to attend our Orlando 2003: Friends for Life summer conference. The application deadline is March 31, 2003. Apply now!
- Leandra is 8 and uses an insulin pump.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 2003 camping season include:
- Camp Aldersgate is a co-ed resident camp in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Camp DAY Break provides kids ages 6 to 12 with a two-day camping experience in Jackson, Missouri.
- Camp EDI is a residential camp located at Camp Wyman, 30 minutes from St. Louis.
- Camp Hertko Hollow, near Des Moines, Iowa, includes a two-story tree house and a real train caboose.
- Camp KIDS and Camp Redbird are day camps for children with diabetes as young as six who live in Missouri or Illinois.
- Camp Kudzu provides camp for kids in Georgia.
- Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- Camp Sweeney, a camp near Dallas, Texas, has been serving kids with diabetes for over 50 years.
- Join Clare Rosenfeld for a special chat about our International Diabetes Youth Ambassador program on Tuesday, January 14th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- Join Natalie Bellini, diabetes nurse educator, pump trainer, and pump user from Animas Corporation, for a special chat about Pump Therapy In Kids And Teens on Wednesday, January 15th at 9pm Eastern in the Natalie Bellini chat room.
- The Diabetes Youth Foundation of Indiana is sponsoring a winter camp for kids with diabetes in Russia and needs your help.
- BD to introduce new BD Logic blood glucose monitor in the US.
- Cognitive ability and brain structure in type 1 diabetes: relation to microangiopathy and preceding severe hypoglycemia.
- Prediction of Severe Hypoglycaemia by Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Activity and Genotype in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effects of acute hypoglycaemia on auditory information processing in adults with Type I diabetes.
- Rate of fall of blood glucose and physiological responses of counterregulatory hormones, clinical symptoms and cognitive function to hypoglycaemia in Type I diabetes mellitus in the postprandial state.
- Effects of acute insulin excess and deficiency on gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis in type 1 diabetes.
- Long-term outcome after gastrectomy for intractable diabetic gastroparesis.
- Diabetic Muscle Infarction: An underdiagnosed complication of long-standing diabetes.
- Determinants of Fetal Growth at Different Periods of Pregnancies Complicated by Gestational Diabetes Mellitus or Impaired Glucose Tolerance.
- Study finds thyroid dysfunction in 4.6% of children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Parameters of oxidative stress in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and their relatives.
- Minimizing risks: the ethics of predictive diabetes mellitus screening research in newborns.
- Pancreatic Islet Transplantation Produced Insulin Independence In Type I Diabetics.
- Lowered Insulin Response May Herald Juvenile Diabetes.
- Parental diabetes and birth weight of offspring: intergenerational cohort study. Also in PDF format.
- Study At University of Iowa For Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Protein may Reduce Diabetic Complications.
- HHS Announces Research Plan To Fight Autoimmune Diseases. See also NIH Autoimmune Diseases Coordinating Committee - Autoimmune Diseases Research Plan.
- Screening strategies for the identification of multiple antibody-positive relatives of individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- Six months of gluten-free diet do not influence autoantibody titers, but improve insulin secretion in subjects at high risk for type 1 diabetes.
- Diamyd Medical reports on its GAD vaccine for insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Nasal administration of CTB-insulin induces active tolerance against autoimmune diabetes in non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice.
- School problems in diabetic kids not from diabetes.
- Pregnancy outcome in Type 1 diabetes mellitus treated with insulin lispro (Humalog).
- A protocol for improved glycaemic control following corticosteroid therapy in diabetic pregnancies.
- Treatment with intravenous insulin followed by continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion improves glycaemic control in severely resistant Type 2 diabetic patients.
- FDA Clears Critical Diabetes A1C Test for Home Use.
- UK NHS diabetes strategy unveiled.
- New Jersey residents are encouraged to contact their state legislators in support of Assembly Bill 3125, which Provides procedure for the emergency administration of glucagon to a public or nonpublic school pupil. Bill information is also available as a PDF.
- Diabetes doesn't stop girl -- Insulin pump gives a measure of independence.
- 5 Year Old Saves Grandfather who has slipped into a diabetic coma.
- Diabetes, injuries fail to stop Sewanee's Jarrett.
- Diabetes nearly cost Tara Straton her sight.
- Dad In Pole Position For Three World Records.
- Students raise funds for diabetes camp.
- Snyder drug stores promoting Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Former employee awarded $1 million in suit against GUHSD.
- Insulin was first used to treat diabetes 81 years ago this week.
- Oregon newspaper publishes readers' comments on self-administered insulin shots in public.
- Can a Computer Improve Your Health? New Book Says Yes; But Why Can't More Americans Access This Technology?
- Experts say new blood-sugar diet seems to defy common sense.
- Doctors Battle Pediatric Diabetes Epidemic.
- Pill with camera helps diagnose celiac.
- Transition Forms Eminent Scientific Advisory Board for Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers about the kinds of insulin they use. This week's poll asks readers how often they change their lancet for blood glucose tests.
- Now available without a prescription at Diabetic Express! Introducing A1cNow. The A1cNow Monitor is the first ever single-use test for hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) the "gold standard" indicator of diabetes management. Save $2.00 off single pack! Only $22.95! Regularly $24.95 or $3.00 off 2 Pack Test! Regularly $45.95. Only $42.95! The test is easy to use, needs only a drop of blood and takes just 8 minutes. A1cNow is FDA approved and provides accurate results for patient use at home. Each monitor will be sent with a disposable lancet device and complete easy to use instructions. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 900 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Gourmet by Francine Prince.
- Our Report from the Tucson 2003 Conference is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Sunday January 12, 2003 14:53:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.