Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sponsored by TheraSense. You can upload data from the FreeStyle and Tracker meters, and enter data in by hand.
- The THOR Foundation is offering scholarships for families to attend our Orlando 2003: Friends for Life summer conference. The application deadline is March 31, 2003. Apply now!
New This Week
- Sarah-Kathryn was diagnosed when she was 16 months old.
- Kristen is 13 and uses a pump.
- Many summer camps for kids with diabetes have updated information for the 2003 camping season. It's time to reserve your spot. Newly updated camps include:
- The Barton Teenage Wilderness Adventure Program helps teens learn to manage the rigors of diabetes while overcoming the challenges of living outdoors, cooking meals over campfires and handling strenuous exercise.
- Camp Carolina Trails offers A Week of Fun and Friendship for kids in North Carolina
- Camp De Los Niños, in San Jose, California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 6 to 13.
- Camp DJ Sequoia Lake offers teens ages 13 to 17 an adventure among the Giant Sequoia trees near Kings Canyon National Park.
- Camp Fox is a one-week trip for teens to Catalina Island off the coast of southern California.
- Camp Hendon provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 8 to 17 in Kentucky.
- Camp Hodia is Idaho's camp for children with diabetes.
- Camp Nejeda, a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- The Circle of Life Camp provides camping for kids 8-15 at a lakeside campsite in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State.
- Cruise Camp is a four-day cruise on Carnival Cruise for teens with diabetes ages 13 to 18.
- Larry L. Hillblom Camp is a youth resident camp at Sequoia Lake.
- The Rainbow Club is a summer day camp for kids in Old Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Read the transcript of our special Orlando 2003 chat held last week.
- Canadian visitors are asked to take a poll about their monthly diabetes expenses.
- Glutamic acid decarboxylase and ICA512/IA-2 autoantibodies as disease markers and relationship to residual beta-cell function and glycemic control in young type 1 diabetic patients.
- Effects of diabetes, insulin and antioxidants on NO synthase abundance and NO interaction with reactive oxygen species. See also Vitamins C and E may enhance effectiveness of insulin for diabetes.
- New enzymatic assay for glycohemoglobin.
- Effects of metabolic control on vitamin E nutritional status in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Help Wanted: Pediatric Endocrinologists highlights the growing shortage of pediatric endocrinologists.
- A comparison of insulin lispro Mix25 and human insulin 30/70 in the treatment of type 2 diabetes during Ramadan.
- Differential Effects of Rosiglitazone and Metformin on Adipose Tissue Distribution and Glucose Uptake in Type 2 Diabetic Subjects. See also Rosiglitazone And Metformin Have Different Effects In Diabetics.
- I'm just Human, Not Inspirational.
- Swimmer is now bouncing back.
- Firestone senior continues to compete despite diabetes.
- Wrestling With Diabetes: In Demanding Sport, It Adds Extra Challenge.
- Looking for a Cure.
- Diabetic children off to Doha camp.
- Catholic students celebrate with diabetes fund-raiser.
- Diabetes clues lay with groundhogs.
- Last week's poll asked readers what they use to treat hypoglycemia. This week's poll asks readers how they stop their finger from bleeding after doing a blood test
- Now available without a prescription at Diabetic Express! Introducing A1cNow. The A1cNow Monitor is the first ever single-use test for hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) the "gold standard" indicator of diabetes management. Save $2.00 off single pack! Only $23.95! Regularly $24.95 or $43.95 for the 2-Pack Test! The test is easy to use, needs only a drop of blood and takes just 8 minutes. A1cNow is FDA approved and provides accurate results for patient use at home. Each monitor will be sent with a disposable lancet device and complete easy to use instructions. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 900 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Smart Pumping for People with Diabetes edited by Howard Wolpert, MD.
- Ever wonder how much traffic we get? Our Web Site Statistics section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Sunday February 02, 2003 17:29:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.