Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sponsored by TheraSense. You can upload data from the FreeStyle and Tracker meters, and enter data in by hand.
- The THOR Foundation is offering scholarships for families to attend our Orlando 2003: Friends for Life summer conference. The application deadline is March 31, 2003. Apply now!
New This Week
- We launch the Diabetes Marketplace, an online directory of diabetes products. We have a few products to start and will be adding new ones soon.
- Disetronic recalls D-TRON pumps; to replace them with D-TRONplus.
- Medtronic MiniMed Alerts Health Care Providers About Changes In Paradigm Pump And About Customer Service Refinements.
- The 10th Edition of Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes is now available online.
- Katie is 17 and lives in England.
- Lindsay's Story by Angie Morgan tells about her daughter's experiences with diabetes.
- Many summer camps for kids with diabetes have updated information for the 2003 camping season. It's time to reserve your spot. Newly updated camps include:
- Camp Glyndon in Maryland provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too!
- Camp Holiday Trails, a camp for children with special health needs, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Camp Kno-Koma provides adventures for young people with diabetes in West Virginia.
- Twin Lakes Diabetes Camp in Mississippi hosts kids ages 7 to 17.
- Join Natalie Bellini, diabetes nurse educator, pump trainer, and pump user from Animas Corporation in a chat about choosing your infusion set. The chat begins at 9pm Eastern on Tuesday, February 18th in the Natalie Bellini chat room.
- Read the transcript from last week's CoPilot Chat, about our web-based diabetes management system.
- The Children's Hospital Ride on June 29, 2003 is a motorcycle ride in Seattle, Washington.
- We're running a survey about a new remote monitoring system under development.
- Kids, Insulin Pumps & You ... A Parent's Guide to Insulin Pump Therapy for Kids is an excellent new book about insulin pump therapy and it's free from Animas Corporation.
- pump-pouch.com offers hand-made insulin pump pouches. There's even a pump and pouch for dolls and stuffed animals.
- Interactions between hypoglycemia and sleep architecture in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Rate of fall of blood glucose and physiological responses of counterregulatory hormones, clinical symptoms and cognitive function to hypoglycaemia in Type I diabetes mellitus in the postprandial state.
- Role of heart rate variability in the early diagnosis of diabetic autonomic neuropathy in children.
- Coexistence of impaired indices of autonomic neuropathy and diabetic nephropathy in a cohort of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A computerized method of visual acuity testing: adaptation of the early treatment of diabetic retinopathy study testing protocol.
- Signs of beta-cell autoimmunity and HLA-defined diabetes susceptibility in the Finnish population: the sib cohort from the Type 1 Diabetes Prediction and Prevention Study.
- Glucose intolerance in children with cystic fibrosis.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in at-risk and not-at-risk groups in the United States: a large multicenter study. See also Largest study ever finds that one out of every 133 Americans may have celiac disease.
- Celiac disease often goes undiagnosed, study finds.
- Femoral central venous catheter-associated deep venous thrombosis in children with diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus in Children and Adolescents: A Review from a European Perspective.
- Association Between Regional Adipose Tissue Distribution and Both Type 2 Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance in Elderly Men and Women. See also Elderly people with normal weight also at risk of diabetes.
- The incidence of hypoglycaemia in children with type 1 diabetes and treated asthma.
- Standards of Medical Care for Patients With Diabetes Mellitus.
- Social factors associated with prolonged hospitalization among diabetic children.
- Roche to purchase Disetronic. See also Public Tender Offer by Roche to Disetronic Shareholders for Infusion Systems Business and Shaping the Future of Diabetes Care, a presentation used by Roche and Disetronic management at the investor conference call discussing the acquisition.
- The Business of Insulin: A Relationship Between Innovation and Economics.
- The Drug Bureaucracy by Henry I. Miller describes the nature of drug review at the FDA.
- Clarifying the Role of Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes Management.
- Stanford University is recruiting patients with type 2 diabetes for an online diabetes management study.
- Quinn Nystrom is an ambassador for juvenile diabetes.
- Challenges don’t slow teen down.
- Children dealing with diabetes are heroes, Bridget Kelly says.
- Sportsmen hit the field - despite diabetes.
- Westbury Middle School's 1st Annual Diabetes Walk.
- LifeTrac Systems, Inc. releases results of studies conducted at Brigham Women's Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on it's non-invasive SugarTrac glucose monitoring system.
- Last week's poll asked readers often they record their blood glucose readings. This week's poll asks readers how often they do a blood test during the middle of the night.
- Now available without a prescription at Diabetic Express! Introducing A1cNow. The A1cNow Monitor is the first ever single-use test for hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) the "gold standard" indicator of diabetes management. Save $2.00 off single pack! Only $23.95! Regularly $24.95 or $43.95 for the 2-Pack Test! The test is easy to use, needs only a drop of blood and takes just 8 minutes. A1cNow is FDA approved and provides accurate results for patient use at home. Each monitor will be sent with a disposable lancet device and complete easy to use instructions. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 900 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Rufus Come Home by Kim Gosselin.
- Our page about Treatment of DKA is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.