Of Continuing Interest
- cwdMail is a free, web-based e-mail service provided by Children with Diabetes and sponsored by LifeScan. cwdMail provides a simple web-based interface and rigorous anti-spam filtering to reduce the amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail you receive. Also, your cwdMail address will never be sold or shared with anyone.
- CWD CoPilot is a free, web-based diabetes data management system sponsored by TheraSense. You can upload data from the FreeStyle and Tracker meters, and enter data in by hand.
- Check out our Jobs Pages.
New This Week
- Tennis Players Ages 14-21 with Type 1 Diabetes Eligible for $2,000 Scholarship.
- In April 2003, web traffic to CWD set new records for pages delivered and visitors served per day. Our web statistics are and always have been open to the public.
- Carlie is six and loves horses.
- Newly added CWD Grads include:
- Reann Marie Ford, who plans to major in history and special education.
- Ian Klink, who will be majoring in mass communications
- Our traveling Rufus and Ruby bears have many updated diary entries.
- Join IDYAs from around the US and Europe for a special chat on Saturday, May 10th at 9am Eastern in the IDYA chat room. This chat is timed to make it possible for our teen IDYAs from Europe and the US to meet online.
- The Northern Virginia Families with Diabetes Network offers a chance for families who live in the northern Virginia area to meet.
- The Maltese Diabetes Association has launched an updated web site.
- GlucoControl is a PDA-based application to help you manage your blood glucose data. For PocketPC PDAs.
- GlucoGames offers rewards to kids for testing their blood sugars.
- Naturally Occurring Protein Protects Human Islet Cells from Death. See also Human, nonhuman primate, and rat pancreatic islets express erythropoietin receptors.
- Islet transplantation improves vascular diabetic complications in patients with diabetes who underwent kidney transplantation: a comparison between kidney-pancreas and kidney-alone transplantation.
- Nonlethal conditioning for the induction of allogeneic chimerism and tolerance to islet allografts.
- Underutilization of pancreas donors.
- Small area variation in childhood diabetes mellitus in Austria: links to population density, 1989 to 1999.
- Bioethical theory and practice in genetic screening for type 1 diabetes.
- Reduced Frequency of HLA DRB1*03-DQB1*02 in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Associated with Enterovirus RNA.
- Serum IL-1, IL-2, TNFalpha and INFgamma levels of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and their siblings.
- Changes in lymphocyte subsets in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Association of the T-cell regulatory gene CTLA4 with susceptibility to autoimmune disease. See also Gene change causes diabetes.
- Inadequacy of in-school support for diabetic children.
- Continuous subcutaneous glucose monitoring improved metabolic control in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes: a controlled crossover study.
- Dietary management for children and adolescents with diabetes mellitus: personal experience and recommendations.
- Do multivitamin supplements attenuate the risk for diabetes-associated birth defects?
- Two Consecutive Pregnancies in a Type 1 Diabetic under Treatment with Insulin Lispro.
- A Model to Determine Workforce Needs for Endocrinologists in the United States Until 2020.
- An assessment of care of paediatric and adolescent patients with diabetes in a large district general hospital.
- Type 2 diabetes presenting as diabetic ketoacidosis in adolescence.
- Colonic transit time in diabetic patients - comparison with healthy subjects and the effect of autonomic neuropathy.
- PerkinElmer Launches Powerful New Method for Determining Predisposition to Celiac Disease.
- 4-year-old goes to diabetic mom's rescue.
- Toddler one of a rising number with type 1 diabetes.
- Camp Nejeda helps children cope with diabetes.
- Province extends diabetes coverage.
- Last week's poll asked readers about which blood glucose monitor they use most often. This week's poll asks readers where they or their child usually get blood for blood glucose tests.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Self-Adjustment of Insulin Doses, a discussion of whether people on insulin should change their doses on their own, and some guidelines on how to do it.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Getting a Grip on Diabetes by Spike and Bo Loy.
- Our section about Summer Camps is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.