- We are thrilled to announce that Hamish Richardson and his band, Brother, will be joining us at the Friends for Life: Orlando 2003 conference in July at Disney World in Florida. The band will play their exciting music during the banquet, and kids will learn to make didges on Friday morning.
- Research study seeks patients diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for less than one month to test new vaccine.
- We've added a "rate this page" feature to the bottom of each page. Your feedback will help us analyze which pages are helpful and identify pages that aren't as helpful as they could be. After rating a page, you'll be returned to the same page.
- There are now 324 squares in the Quilt for Life.
- Sign up for the Product Information Mailing List to receive information about new diabetes products directly from diabetes-related companies. While we permit approved companies to send messages to the mailing list, the e-mail address on the list are never shared.
- Jessica is 15 and was diagnosed in November 2002.
- Laura is 11 and was diagnosed in October 2002.
- New IDYA members include:
- Alberto Zambelli from Italy.
- Ajay from India.
- Cassandra Autry from the United States.
- Emanuel Vasiu from Switzerland.
- Gökhan from Turkey.
- We've added a brief page about diabetes fundraising walks.
- Insuflon is an indwelling catheter which eliminates injection pain.
- Extend Bar, a specialty food product designed to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia, is offering a free sample of their product.
- Type 1 diabetes in Yorkshire, UK: time trends in 0-14 and 15-29-year-olds, age at onset and age-period-cohort modelling.
- Preliminary Results of ITN Multicenter Islet Transplant Trial Confirm Potential Patient Benefits, Underscore Steep Learning Curve.
- Regression of Microalbuminuria in Type 1 Diabetes. See also PubMed abstract.
- Biomarkers of diabetes-associated oxidative stress and antioxidant status in young diabetic patients with or without subclinical complications.
- Relationship between human leukocyte antigen status and proliferative diabetic retinopathy in patients with younger-onset type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A role for advanced glycation end products in diminished bone healing in type 1 diabetes.
- Intensive Diabetes Therapy and Carotid Intima–Media Thickness in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Genetic modification of risk assessment based on staging of preclinical type 1 diabetes in siblings of affected children.
- Islet transplantation: where do we stand now?
- The use of non-heart-beating donors for isolated pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Genes expressed in the developing endocrine pancreas and their importance for stem cell and diabetes research.
- Peptide-based treatment for autoimmune diseases: learning how to handle a double-edged sword. Also available in PDF format.
- The Deadly Sins and Diabetes explores the causes of the increase in type 2 diabetes.
- The double puzzle of diabetes.
- Depression in adolescents with diabetes.
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in an onset cohort of adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Depressive symptoms and the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in a US sample.
- Recall of severe hypoglycaemia and self-estimated state of awareness in type 1 diabetes.
- Carbohydrate intake and biomarkers of glycemic control among US adults: the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III).
- Dietary intakes and plasma concentrations of carotenoids and tocopherols in relation to glucose metabolism in subjects at high risk of type 2 diabetes: the Botnia Dietary Study.
- Daily Coping Strategies for Patients and Their Families.
- New Jersey Assembly Bill 3663, which will require training in diabetes care for certain school employees and use of medical management plans in schools for students with diabetes, needs your support. Also available in PDF format.
- Father-son story in 'Finding Nemo' tugs at the heart of Pixar producer.
- Health problem hasn't closed any doors.
- Always an inspiration: Chelsea Hunt named Times female athlete of the year.
- Diabetics deal with disease.
- Colo child to serve as Iowa delegate in JDRF Children's Congress.
- Step Towards Type 1 Diabetes Cure.
- Pig cell swap hope for diabetics. See also Modified Pig Pancreas Cells Reverse Diabetes in Monkeys.
- Assessing the Risks, Benefits of Clinical Trials.
- A youthful approach to the fight against Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers about the lowest blood sugar they or their child has had in the past year. This week's poll asks readers about who is primarily responsible for their child's diabetes care.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Financial Aid, which contains information on scholarships, savings programs, health insurance, and other tips.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Unbelievable Desserts with Splenda by Marlene Koch.
- Our Art and Poetry section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.