- Read the report from our Friends for Life 2003 conference.
- CWD's Focus on Fitness & Nutrition Regional Conference will be held from August 29-31, 2003 at the Wyndham Hotel in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Join us for a great weekend of education, support, and fun.
- Nominations for the Lilly For Life Achievement Award must be submitted by July 31, 2003.
- The Pew Internet & American Life Internet Health Resources report is worth reading.
- cwdMail was upgraded on Saturday, July 26th to the latest version of the mail software. Problems should be reported to email@example.com.
- Lucy is 15 and lives in the U.K.
- Sara is 15 and lives in Wales.
- Kerry Anne is three and was diagnosed at the age of 21 months.
- Kassy is 13 and was diagnosed in the first grade.
- Drew is 9 1/2 and uses a pump.
- Ana is seven and was diagnosed in June 2003.
- Newly added CWD Grads include Brandi Young, who is majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- Glosario de Terminos Para Pacientes Diabeticos is a diabetes dictionary in Spanish.
- Join us for a special Research Update chat with Dr. Alberto Pugliese from the Diabetes Research Institute on Tuesday, July 29 at 9pm Eastern in the Research Update chat room.
- Read the transcript from last week's 504 plans chat with Steph Schwartz.
- Read the transcript from last week's IDYA chat.
- Every family is encouraged to download a copy of Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed: A Guide for School Personnel from the web site of the National Diabetes Education Program, a joint program of the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If the 88-page PDF file is too large for you to download, you can request a free copy of the document by printing the order form and faxing or mailing it to the NDEP.
- We've updated our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources.
- Pump Jumpers makes pump-friendly clothing for infants and toddlers.
- We've updated our page about the GlucoWatch.
- We review Diabetes Sourcebook, Third Edition.
- Oxidative stress status in patients with diabetes mellitus: relationship to diet.
- Glucose sensor evaluation of glycemic instability in pediatric type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Increased plasma fibrin gel porosity in patients with Type I diabetes during continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Diabetogenic Potential of Human Pathogens Uncovered in Experimentally Permissive beta-Cells.
- Environmental risk factors for type 1 diabetes in Rome and province.
- Differences between males and females in the seasonality of birth and month of clinical onset of disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Ireland.
- Host and environmental factors defining the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes mellitus in a group of Lebanese children and young adults.
- Insulin resistance in newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic children and adolescents.
- Type 2 and other forms of diabetes in 0-30 year olds: a hospital based study in Leeds, UK.
- Inflammatory mediators and islet beta-cell failure: a link between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Decreased insulin requirement in relation to GFR in nephropathic Type 1 and insulin-treated Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Microalbuminuria and Mortality in Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes.
- Prevention of Incipient Diabetic Nephropathy by High-Dose Thiamine and Benfotiamine.
- The renin-angiotensin system and the long-term complications of diabetes: pathophysiological and therapeutic considerations.
- Optimal Blood Glucose Control During 18 Years Preserves Peripheral Nerve Function in Patients With 30 Years’ Duration of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Does Low Bone Mineral Density Start in Post-Teenage Years in Women With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Acarbose Treatment and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Hypertension in Patients With Impaired Glucose Tolerance: The STOP-NIDDM Trial.
- Development of Early-onset Type 2 Diabetes in the Young: Implications for Child Bearing.
- Novo Nordisk has discontinued Novolin® L [Lente] insulin.
- A Comparison of Postprandial and Preprandial Administration of Insulin Aspart in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes and Driving Mishaps.
- Effect of the rapid-acting insulin analogue insulin aspart on quality of life and treatment satisfaction in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin lispro: a potential role in preventing nocturnal hypoglycaemia in young children with diabetes mellitus.
- Insulin lispro: a useful advance in insulin therapy.
- Physiological Differences Between Interstitial Glucose and Blood Glucose Measured in Human Subjects.
- Higher frequency of paronychia (nail bed infections) in pediatric and adolescent patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus than in non-diabetic peers.
- Evaluation of a new non-mydriatic digital camera for detection of diabetic retinopathy.
- Early detection of emotional and behavioural problems in children with diabetes: the validity of the Child Health Questionnaire as a screening instrument.
- A pilot study of motivational interviewing in adolescents with diabetes.
- Clinic Uses One Needle to Draw Blood From a Queue of Diabetes Patients illustrates the importance of ensuring that you always use a sterile, new needle or lancet whenever you are at clinic.
- Children born in the summer have increased risk for coeliac disease
- Celiac Disease Is More Prevalent In U.S.
- Parents of diabetic children cheer law: Schools must let students test blood glucose levels.
- Dear Abby receives education about diabetes from ADA President-Elect.
- Israeli teen joins American crusade for diabetes cure.
- N.J. medical school will lead inhaled insulin study.
- Medical College of Georgia diabetes study includes babies.
- At diabetes camp, canine reminds kids they're not alone.
- When airsickness is life-threatening.
- Volunteers With Diabetes Are Needed For Camp in Michigan.
- Simmons may miss two weeks of camp with diabetic condition.
- Humboldt Diabetes Project receives $500,000.
- Last week's poll asked readers if this web site has helped them or their child. This week's poll asks insulin pump users how often they change their infusion set.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Diabetic Foot Assessment.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes by Patti Geil and Tami Ross.
- With the start of school just a little over a month away, our Sample 504 Plans are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.