- "No, It's Not a Beeper, It's My Insulin Pump": Reflections on the Use of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Pump Therapy by Melissa P. Ford is an excellent article about life with an insulin pump.
- The Quilt for Life now has 336 quilt squares. In the last week, we added squares for Casey Courtright and Rachel Lemke.
- In July 2003, the Diabetes Team published 202 answers to your diabetes questions, bringing the total number of questions and answers online to 12,845. What's your question?
- In July 2003, CWD delivered 1.4 million pages of content to over 385,000 users sessions.
- Kimberlee is 12 and lives in California.
- We've added 33 new IDYA members: 31 from the United States and 2 from the United Kingdom.
- Read the transcript from last week's Research Update chat with Dr. Alberto Pugliese from the Diabetes Research Institute.
- The Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston is seeking particpants in a new MODY Genetics Study.
- Missouri offers Diabetes Management In The School Setting.
- Florida offers Nursing Guidelines for the Delegation of Care for Students with Diabetes in Florida Schools.
- Awards, Fellowships, Grants, & Scholarships For Students With Disabilities Or Memberships.
- HelpingPatients.org helps you find drug assistance programs.
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America has a report on Diabetes and Pharmaceutical Spending: New Treatments, New Solutions.
- Medtroni MiniMed's Paradigm 512 and the Paradigm Link (the first insulin pump and blood glucose monitor that communicate with each other) is now available in the US.
- The Robi Nutrition Assistant is a small, lightweight digital food database.
- Indefinite islet protection from autoimmune destruction in nonobese diabetic mice by agarose microencapsulation without immunosuppression.
- Induction of Angiogenesis in Omentum with Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor: Influence on the Viability of Encapsulated Rat Pancreatic Islets during Transplantation.
- Subcutaneous transplantation of macroencapsulated porcine pancreatic endocrine cells normalizes hyperglycemia in diabetic mice.
- In Vivo Functioning and Transplantable Mature Pancreatic Islet-Like Cell Clusters Differentiated from Embryonic Stem Cell.
- Clinical islet transplantation.
- Relationship of depression to diabetes types 1 and 2: epidemiology, biology, and treatment.
- Disetronic Issues Product Correction Notice.
- Diabetes and Driving Mishaps: Frequency and correlations from a multinational survey is the free, full text of a study that concludes that people with type 1 diabetes are at increased risk for driving mishaps. Also available in PDF format.
- LowľGlycemic Index Diets in the Management of Diabetes. Also available in PDF format.
- Glycemic, auxologic, and seasonal aspects of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy in children and young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Socio-psychological problems of patients with late adolescent onset type 1 diabetes--analysis by qualitative research.
- Evaluating the benefits of treating dyslipidemia: the importance of diabetes as a risk factor.
- Increased levels of bovine serum albumin antibodies in patients with type 1 diabetes and celiac disease-related antibodies..
- Diabetic's mom picks private school after flap.
- Diabetes in childhood: are the laws obligations or resources? The Italian situation.
- U of A hits another diabetes milestone.
- N.J. scientists study inhaled form of insulin.
- Eli Lilly launches HumaCare Junior for diabetic kids in India.
- Diabetes DNA Test Closer.
- Camp helps youngsters cope with diabetes.
- Camp for diabetic children offers independence, fun.
- Program Helps Families Cope With Pediatric Diabetes.
- Diabetes ambassador lives with the disease.
- Cycling odyssey was gruelling.
- SpectRx, Inc. Announces the Launch of Disposable Infusion Set for Insulin Pumps.
- Free Diabetes Management Software Helps People Track Blood Glucose-Related Information and Identify Trouble Spots.
- Nature's Flavors.com manufactures a variety of sugar-free products from syrups to flavors.
- Last week's poll asked insulin pump users how often they change their infusion set. This week's poll asks adults and teens with diabetes how often they check their blood sugar before driving.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Neuropathy.
- Introductory Price Special from Diabetic Express! New! ONE TOUCH® UltraSmart Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Blood Glucose Meter and Electronic Logbook in One! Only $29.95 after $20 manufacturer rebate and $30 trade-in! Trade-in offer is valid for all non-ONE TOUCH meters and the ONE TOUCH Profile. The ONE TOUCH UltraSmart uses FastDraw Design Ultra test strips, a new capillary action, end-fill test strip that takes only 1 microliter of blood, is touchable, and is approved for alternative sites (e.g., the arm instead of the finger tip). SmartButtons make your entries fast and easy. Patterns are easy to see and understand. Less pain, less blood, accurate results in 5 seconds! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Complete Guide to Carb Counting by Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE and Karmeen Kilkarni, MS, RD, CDE.
- Our section on Diabetes Management at School is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.