- We report on CWD's Focus on Fitness and Nutrition conference, held in Baltimore last week.
- Join parents for a Back to School Chat on Wednesday, September 3rd at 9pm Eastern in the Back to School chat room.
- JDRF's Diabetes in School: Your Child's Rights page summarizes school-related issues.
- EMLA is again available in the US, by prescription only.
- C-peptide and diabetic neuropathy.
- Incidence of sight-threatening retinopathy in Type 1 diabetes in a systematic screening programme.
- Percutaneous Transhepatic Pancreatic Islet Cell Transplantation in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Radiologic Aspects.
- Improved patient survival in recipients of simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant compared with kidney transplant alone in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and end-stage renal disease.
- Immunologic Activity in the Small Intestinal Mucosa of Pediatric Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Coxsackie virus B antibodies are increased in HLA DR3-MICA5.1 positive type 1 diabetes patients in the Linkoping region of Sweden.
- Type 1 Diabetics May Gain Disease Control Through Transdermal Insulin Patch.
- Poor glycaemic control caused by insulin induced lipohypertrophy. Also available in PDF format.
- Parent-adolescent Communication And Support For Diabetes Management As Reported By Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Coping with everyday stress and links to medical and psychosocial adaptation in diabetic adolescents.
- Motivational/solution-focused intervention improves HbA1c in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes: a pilot study.
- San Francisco Bay Area Celiacs, along with Department Of Pediatrics at the Stanford School of Medicine, is sponsoring the Fourth Annual Stanford Celiac Conference on Saturday, September 6, 2003.
- Risk of malignancy in patients with celiac disease.
- Risk of duodenal adenoma in celiac disease.
- Living with celiac disease: One man's journey.
- New Edmonds restaurant to forgo wheat in recipes.
- Diabetes, state law curb school choice. The American Diabetes Association is pro-actively working on the school care situation in Tennessee and asks that anyone in Tennessee who is encountering barriers to appropriate school diabetes care please contact Crystal Jackson at Cjackson@diabetes.org.
- Brave kids attend diabetes camp.
- Dream comes true for first diabetic on Vancouver police force.
- Chris Hall -- Seminoles' Punter Kicking Diabetes.
- Preteen Advocate Educates Nation About Diabetes.
- Growing Number Of El Paso Children With Type 2 Diabetes.
- TheraSense to Co-Sponsor National Diabetes Awareness Event: Wal-Mart to Host Free FreeStyle Glucose Screenings in Stores Saturday, September 6.
- New insulin detemir shows important benefits over existing basal insulin in treating diabetes.
- Aventis Launches Lantus in France, Continues Global Roll Out.
- Study Shows Rapid-Acting Insulin Analog Insulin Aspart Equally Effective and Safe in Pump Therapy or Multiple Daily Injections for Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers about the insulin regimen they use. This week's poll asks readers how they test for ketones.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Certification as a CDE.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling"" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is the Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace, Second Edition by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- Our page about HbA1c Measurement is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.