- Medtronic Advises Paradigm 511 and 512 Users Not to Wear Pumps in Water.
- In August 2003, we published 201 answers to questions sent to our Diabetes Team, bringing the total number of questions and answers online to over 13,000. What's your diabetes question?
- Fiona was diagnosed right after her first birthday.
- Changes by Jen Thibodeau is a poem for her daughter Sierra.
- Read the transcript from last week's Back to School chat.
- Join IDYAs for the monthly IDYA Chat on Tuesday, September 9th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- Kid's Party for a Cure in New York City on September 20, 2003 will benefit the DRI.
- The Kennedy Krierger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland, is conducting a study about Children's Responses to Injections and needs volunteers to participate.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics has published new Guidelines for the Administration of Medication in School. See also Medicating Children At School Needs Attention Of Parents, Teachers And School Administrators.
- Abstracts From The International Pancreas And Islet Transplant Association Congress In Dublin, 2003 are online.
- Inhibition of Food Intake in Obese Subjects by Peptide YY3–36.
- C-peptide Improves Adenosine-Induced Myocardial Vasodilation in Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
- C-peptide makes a comeback.
- Plasmatic nitric oxide, but not von Willebrand Factor, is an early marker of endothelial damage, in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients without microvascular complications.
- Hemoglobin Glycosylation Index is not related with blood glucose.
- Thyroid Volume As Measured By Ultrasonography in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus without Thyroid Dysfunction.
- Prevalence of hepatitis A, B, C and E virus in adolescents with type-1 diabetes mellitus.
- Intranasally administered insulin intended for prevention of type 1 diabetes-a safety study in healthy adults.
- Vaccine therapies for the prevention of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Comparison of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and multiple daily injection regimens in children with type 1 diabetes: a randomized open crossover trial. See also Diabetic Children Prefer Pump Over Injections.
- Family knowledge about the problematics of patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Improved glycaemic control in type 1 diabetes patients following participation per se in a clinical trial-mechanisms and implications.
- Cross-cultural comparisons of anxiety and depression in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Microalbuminuria in diabetes mellitus. Efficacy of a new screening method in comparison with timed overnight urine collection.
- Glucose Control is Not Improved by Accelerating Gastric Emptying in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Gastroparesis. A Pilot Study with Cisapride as a Model Drug.
- Patient education: perspective of adolescents with a chronic disease.
- EEOC sues Chandler firm over firing of diabetic.
- Quick-thinking Chelsea boy, 6, saves foster mom.
- Olympic swimmer defies odds against diabetes.
- Lurking, listening, learning: Using online support groups.
- A healthy experience: Teamwork helps schools provide for students with chronic health conditions.
- FMCSA to issue diabetes exemptions.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a tasty treat.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they test for ketones. This week's poll asks readers how many times they've tested for ketones in the past year.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling"" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Athlete by Sheri Colberg, Ph.D. and Edward Horton.
- Our page about News from the 30th Annual American Association of Diabetes Educators Meeting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Sunday September 07, 2003 18:58:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.