- CWD Foundation donates $35,000 to Dr. Bernhard Hering at the University of Minnesota to supplement islet xenotransplantation research.
- Join faculty from the Diabetes Research Institute for the 4th Annual DRI Research Conference entitled Islet Transplantation: From Research to Reality, on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Park Avenue and 42nd St. at Grand Central Station in New York City.
- DRI's Holiday Kard Kampaign offers holiday cards drawn by children with diabetes and supports the cure-related research efforts of the Diabetes Research Institute in Miami, Florida.
- Clare Rosenfeld wins Daily Point of Light Award.
- We've updated our page about insulin.
- We've added a section about insulin pump infusion sets.
- Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Events With Long-Term Pravastatin in Patients With Diabetes or Impaired Fasting Glucose.
- Characteristics of Type 1 diabetes of over 50 years duration (the Golden Years Cohort).
- Testing the Accelerator Hypothesis: The relationship between body mass and age at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
- The prevalence of insulin autoantibodies at the onset of Type 1 diabetes is higher in males than females during adolescence.
- Evidence for Heterogeneous Pathogenesis of Insulin-Treated Diabetes in Black and White Children.
- Progression of Coronary Artery Calcification in Type 1 Diabetes: The importance of glycemic control.
- Signs of Nephropathy May Occur Early in Young Adults With Diabetes Despite Modern Diabetes Management.
- Pancreas transplant alone determines early improvement of cardiovascular risk factors and cardiac function in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Tele-Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy With the Retinal Thickness Analyzer.
- The ultrasound assessment of adipose tissue deposition in fetuses of 'well controlled' insulin-dependent diabetic pregnancies.
- Sonographic Evaluation of Fetal Growth and Body Composition in Women With Different Degrees of Normal Glucose Metabolism.
- Encapsulated islets in diabetes treatment..
- Dose-Response Relationships of Inhaled Insulin Delivered via the Aerodose Insulin Inhaler and Subcutaneously Injected Insulin in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Effects of different durations of breath holding after inhalation of insulin using the AERx((R)) insulin diabetes management system.
- Research Use of the AIDA www.2aida.org Diabetes Software Simulation Program: A Review-Part 2. Generating Simulated Blood Glucose Data for Prototype Validation.
- Metabolic effects of an enteral nutrition formula for diabetes: comparison with standard formulas in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Is HbA1c Affected by Glycemic Instability?
- Continuous glucose monitoring with glucose sensors: calibration and assessment criteria.
- Hypoglycemia warning signal and glucose sensors: requirements and concepts.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring: Reliable Measurements for up to 4 Days with the SCGM1 System.
- A wireless diabetes management and communication system.
- Design, methods, and evaluation directions of a multi-access service for the management of diabetes mellitus patients.
- Role for beta-blockers in the management of diabetic kidney disease.
- Screening for diabetic retinopathy: a cause for concern in people who drive.
- Intimacy and women with type 2 diabetes: an exploratory study using focus group interviews.
- A food store that's about more than food.
- Genetic disease doesn't ground spirit.
- Philadelphia agrees to pay $206,000 to diabetics claiming they were denied care while detained.
- Edmonton Protocol pioneers strike again. See also New Brunswick girl the first child to receive transplant of insulin cells.
- Life After Diagnosis.
- Insulin Dependent Teen From Kansas Still Missing.
- Walking for Juvenile Diabetes research.
- Kyrgyz diabetics reluctant to use pig insulin.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they reuse lancets or syringes. This week's poll asks readers about the financial burden that paying for diabetes supplies places on their family.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Diabetes Quackery.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes, 10th Edition by H. Peter Chase, M.D.
- Our recently updated page about Hyperglycemia and Ketone Testing is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Sunday October 05, 2003 17:59:12
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.