- Join faculty from the Diabetes Research Institute for the 4th Annual DRI Research Conference entitled Islet Transplantation: From Research to Reality, on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Park Avenue and 42nd St. at Grand Central Station in New York City.
- DRI's Holiday Kard Kampaign offers holiday cards drawn by children with diabetes and supports the cure-related research efforts of the Diabetes Research Institute in Miami, Florida.
- Enter the Diabetes Mall Monthly Contest and take a chance to win a Deltec Cozmo insulin pump!
- On Monday, October 6, Larry King Live will focus on diabetes. Guest John Ratzenberger will share his experiences as the parent of a child with type 1 diabetes.
- The Quilt for Life now has 341 squares. We need hundreds more.
- Jessica Rose is 3 1/2 and was diagnosed in September 2003.
- New IDYA members include:
- Abby Schwartz from Hanover, Pennsylvania
- Brielle Downes from Hillsborough, New Jersey
- Joe Heaton from Farmingdale, New Jersey
- Paul Heaton from Farmingdale, New Jersey
- Lindsay from Pennsylvania
- Casey Dwiggins from Oklahoma
- Ashley Roane from Chesapeake, Virginia
- Join CWD IDYAs for their regular monthly chat on Wednesday, October 8th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA Chat room.
- Study seeking to learn about children's Responses to Injections needs more participants.
- Help Deltec choose the next color for the Cozmo insulin pump.
- Timing of Initial Cereal Exposure in Infancy and Risk of Islet Autoimmunity.
- Early Infant Feeding and Risk of Developing Type 1 Diabetes–Associated Autoantibodies.
- Dietary intake of 10- to 16-year-old children and adolescents in central and northern Europe and association with the incidence of type 1 diabetes.
- Xenogeneic transplantation of porcine islets: an overview.
- Description of microangiopathy in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a 19-year retrospective study.
- Diabetes, microvascular complications, and cardiovascular complications: what is it about glucose?
- Diabetes Mellitus: Does it Affect Bone?
- Pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Metformin as additional therapy in adolescents with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: randomised placebo-controlled trial with aspects on insulin sensitivity.
- Longitudinal rates of annual eye examinations of persons with diabetes and chronic eye diseases.
- An increase in dietary protein improves the blood glucose response in persons with type 2 diabetes.
- Sugars and starch in the nutritional management of diabetes mellitus.
- Reducing Acute Adverse Outcomes in Youths With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Controlled Trial.
- Clinical characterisation of severe hypoglycaemia - a prospective population-based study.
- Preprandial versus postprandial blood glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetic pregnancy: a randomized controlled clinical trial.
- Helping Kids With Diabetes Enjoy Halloween and the Holidays: With Planning, They Can Enjoy Treats — And That's No Trick.
- The Celiac Disease Center at Columbia is holding a Patient Education Day on Saturday November 15, 2003 at Columbia University in New York.
- The Center for Celiac Research web site has a lot of information for people with celiac. They also have a page about the American Celiac Task Force, which is lobbying for improved nutritional labels on foods.
- Fracture risk in people with celiac disease: a population-based cohort study.
- Toddlers with diabetes.
- Owen player not slowed by diabetes.
- Chris Dudley Officially Retires. See also The Dudley Foundation.
- Mum's School Concern Over Son With Diabetes
- Northland family deals with diabetes.
- Gluten-diabetes link found.
- Chance to help your child and future children.
- LifeScan Launches Spanish Version of Their Web Site.
- New Alliance Between LifeScan, Inc. And Animas Corporation Can Help Improve Diabetes Management.
- Candy Favorites is an online candy store with a sugar free candy selection.
- Last week's poll asked readers about the financial burden that paying for diabetes supplies places on their family. This week's poll asks readers which blood glucose meter they or their child use most often.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Autoimmune endocrine failure syndromes.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Trick-or-Treat for Diabetes by Kim Gosselin.
- Our Presentations About Diabetes are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Sunday October 05, 2003 17:59:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.