February 13-15, 2004
Four Points Hotel by Sheraton
San Antonio River Walk North
July 14-17, 2004
Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- BROTHER, the Australian band that provided awesome entertainment at the 2003 Friends for Life conference, will donate 10% of sales of their CDs and accessories to Children with Diabetes and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. So if you're looking for a musical holiday gift, or want to relive the magic of the Friends for Life banquet, visit the bro-shop online store. You can also listen to Crazy, one of their songs.
- CDA Camps Morton and Lion Maxwell are looking for a new Camp Director for the 2004 camping season. Applications are due by December 31, 2003.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
- Registration information for the 2004 Friends for Life conference is now online.
- CWD families share holiday wishes.
New This Week
- Minette is seven years old and lives in South Africa.
- Elaine is 11 and will be getting a pump soon.
- Little Boys is written by Debi, mom of Ricky.
- George Forrest emphasizes that you can be in control of diabetes.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Sweeney, located 1 1/2 hours north of Dallas/Ft. Worth, offers children ages 6-18 three 3-week residential behavior modification programs, two 1-week programs (1 in the summer and 1 between Christmas and New Years) and weekend family camps.
- You can read the transcript from a chat held at DiabetesStation.com about pump use and alcohol.
- Novo Nordisk offers a web site for kids with diabetes.
- DIABETease is a collection of diabetes cartoons from nurse Theresa Garnero.
- Vaccinations May Induce Diabetes-Related Autoantibodies in One-Year-Old Children.
- Dietary microbial toxins and type 1 diabetes.
- Can Enteroviruses Cause Type 1 Diabetes?
- Cow-Milk-Free Diet during Last Trimester of Pregnancy Does Not Influence Diabetes-Related Autoantibodies in Nondiabetic Children.
- Immunogenetics/Immunopathogenesis of Type 1A Diabetes.
- Islet Cell Autoimmunity and Transplantation Tolerance: Two Distinct Mechanisms?
- Reduced thymic expression of islet antigen contributes to loss of self-tolerance.
- Lung function in children with diabetes mellitus.
- Detection of GAD-reactive CD4+ cells in so-called "type 1B" diabetes.
- Population-wide infant screening for HLA-based type 1 diabetes risk via dried blood spots from the public health infrastructure.
- Abnormal Peripheral Blood Dendritic Cell Populations in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin resistance in latent autoimmune diabetes of adulthood.
- Multicenter prevention trial of slowly progressive type 1 diabetes with small dose of insulin (the Tokyo study): preliminary report.
- Oral modified insulin (HIM2) in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Results from a phase I/II clinical trial.
- Ethanol with a mixed meal decreases the incretin levels early postprandially and increases postprandial lipemia in type 2 diabetic patients.
- Autonomic neuropathy and gastrointestinal motility disorders in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Parents Want to Know if Their Child Is at High Risk of Getting Diabetes.
- Antihyperglycemic effects of stevioside in type 2 diabetic subjects.
- Influence of Trans Fatty Acids on Health.
- Public health surveillance of diabetes in the United States.
- Will Cross to Attempt What No American Has Ever Accomplished - the NovoLog Peaks and Poles Challenge.
- Freeman Has 'em Digging.
- Teen shows life with diabetes is just part of living.
- Big Pharma Looks Beyond Insulin.
- Insmed Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation For rhIGF-I/rhIGFBP-3, SomatoKine, for Extreme Insulin Resistance.
- Last week's poll asked injection users how many injections they take per day. This week's poll asks readers if they check their blood pressure at home.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is How I Feel: A Book about Diabetes by Michael Olson.
- Our report from the Diabetes Technology Meeting 2003 is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.