February 13-15, 2004
Four Points Hotel by Sheraton
San Antonio River Walk North
July 14-17, 2004
Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- BROTHER, the Australian band that provided awesome entertainment at the 2003 Friends for Life conference, will donate 10% of sales of their CDs and accessories to Children with Diabetes and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. So if you're looking for a musical holiday gift, or want to relive the magic of the Friends for Life banquet, visit the bro-shop online store. You can also listen to Crazy, one of their songs.
- CDA Camps Morton and Lion Maxwell are looking for a new Camp Director for the 2004 camping season. Applications are due by December 31, 2003.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
- Registration information for the 2004 Friends for Life conference is now online.
- CWD families share holiday wishes.
New This Week
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Buck is held at beautiful Lake Tahoe.
- Camp Vegas offers summer camp for kids in the mountains southwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Day Camps in Nevada provide a free day camp experience for younger kids with diabetes.
- Family Camps in Nevada provide a great family camping experience.
- Transmission of Maternal Islet Antibodies and Risk of Autoimmune Diabetes in Offspring of Mothers With Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available.
- Transplantation of Reversibly Immortalized Insulin-Secreting Human Hepatocytes Controls Diabetes in Pancreatectomized Pigs.
- Association of autoantibody and cytokines with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults.
- Inflammation and Glucose Intolerance: A prospective study of gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Low Synthesis and High Absorption of Cholesterol Characterize Type 1 Diabetes.
- Retinal Vessel Diameters and the Incidence of Gross Proteinuria and Renal Insufficiency in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Intensive Therapy With Inhaled Insulin via the AERx Insulin Diabetes Management System.
- Dietary iron intake and blood donations in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes in men: a prospective cohort study.
- Favorable Effects of Pioglitazone and Metformin Compared With Gliclazide on Lipoprotein Subfractions in Overweight Patients With Early Type 2 Diabetes.
- Acute Effects of Different Intensities of Exercise in Normoalbuminuric/ Normotensive Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Exercise Capacity and Body Composition as Predictors of Mortality Among Men With Diabetes.
- Optimizing therapy in the diabetic patient with renal disease: antihypertensive treatment.
- Benefits of blood pressure reduction in diabetic patients.
- A structured review of the relationship between microalbuminuria and cardiovascular events in patients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
- Recommendations for the management of special populations: renal disease in diabetes.
- Restoration of Sensation, Reduced Pain, and Improved Balance in Subjects With Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Clinical Decisions Regarding HbA1c Results in Primary Care.
- Longitudinal changes in bone metabolism and bone mineral content in children with celiac disease during consumption of a gluten-free diet.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Brazilian children of short stature.
- Coeliac disease: investigation of proposed causal variants in the CTLA4 gene region.
- Telomere length study in celiac disease.
- Celiac disease awareness is increasing.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they check their blood pressure at home. This week's poll asks readers how they think type 1 diabetes will first be cured.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Playing the Numbers: How to Make Sense of Your Blood Sugar Levels by Laurinda Poirier-Solomon, MPH, RN, CDE.
- Our Humorous Tidbits pages are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.