February 13-15, 2004
Four Points Hotel by Sheraton
San Antonio River Walk North
July 14-17, 2004
Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- Come to San Antonio and meet the nationally renowned cyclists, Team Diabetic. There's just one week left to register for Focus on Fitness and Nutrition!
- Families struggling to pay for diabetes supplies can apply for short-term assistance from Supplies for Children with Diabetes, part of the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- The DRI's 3rd World of Hope Conference, From Research to Reality: Islets, Stem Cells, and Other Therapies, will be held on Saturday, February 7, 2004 at the Sheraton Bal Harbour Beach Resort in Bal Harbour, Florida.
- The ADA is seeking applications for the next National Youth Advocate.
- Registration information for the 2004 Friends for Life conference is now online.
- The T.H.O.R. Foundation announces their grant and scholarship applications have opened for the year 2004. The T.H.O.R. Foundation provides scholarships for families to attend CWD's annual Friends for Life conference.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
New This Week
- The detailed program for the Friends for Life: 2004 Los Angeles conference is now online:
Thursday, July 15, 2004
Parents and Adults
Friday, July 16, 2004
Parents and Adults
- Our Focus on Fitness and Nutrition conference in San Antonio, Texas is two weeks away. If you live in the area, join us for a great weekend of fun and diabetes education.
- BD recalls certain lots of test strips for its meter due to excessive errors.
- In January 2004, we published 150 answers to your diabetes questions, bringing the total number of questions and answers online to 13,797.
- CWD delivered a record 1,765,791 pages in January 2004. Our web site traffic statistics are and have always been open to the public.
- Michelle has updated her page.
- Section 504 Questions & Answers can help parents prepare a 504 plan for their children with diabetes.
- CMEonDiabetes.com offers online continuing medical education.
- Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes: Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association.
- Insulin Secretion in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Is Presence of Islet Autoantibodies at Birth Associated With Development of Persistent Islet Autoimmunity?
- Maternal Anxiety Associated With Newborn Genetic Screening for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin-like growth factor I has a direct effect on glucose and protein metabolism, but no effect on lipid metabolism in type 1 diabetes.
- Mechanisms of beta cell death during restricted and unrestricted enterovirus infection.
- Isolation of enterovirus strains from children with preclinical Type 1 diabetes.
- Enterovirus infection in human pancreatic islet cells, islet tropism in vivo and receptor involvement in cultured islet beta cells.
- The occurrence of type 1 diabetes in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis and their first-degree relatives.
- Low prevalence of autoimmune diabetes markers in a mixed ethnic population of Singaporean diabetics.
- HLA haplotypes associated with type 1 diabetes mellitus in North Indian children.
- Risk Factors for Coronary Heart Disease in Type 1 Diabetic Patients in Europe: The EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study.
- Dietary Antioxidant Intake and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Management of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in Hospitals.
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Metabolic Control in Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Establishment of Blood Glucose Monitoring System Using the Internet.
- Placental growth hormone during pregnancy in a growth hormone deficient woman with type 1 diabetes compared to a matching diabetic control group.
- The Role of Autonomy and Pubertal Status in Understanding Age Differences in Maternal Involvement in Diabetes Responsibility across Adolescence.
- Role of smoking and HbA1c level in periodontitis among insulin-dependent diabetic patients.
- A Randomized Trial Evaluating a Predominately Fetal Growth–Based Strategy to Guide Management of Gestational Diabetes in Caucasian Women.
- Cardiac Abnormalities in Diabetic Patients With Neuropathy: Effects of aldose reductase inhibitor administration.
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in Childhood Using a Very-Low-Calorie Diet.
- A Prospective Study of Glycemic Control During Holiday Time in Type 2 Diabetic Patients.
- Consensus Development Conference on Antipsychotic Drugs and Obesity and Diabetes.
- Body composition in coeliac disease adolescents on a gluten-free diet: a longitudinal study.
- Affective disorders and quality of life in adult coeliac disease patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Avidity progression of dietary antibodies in healthy and coeliac children.
- Symptoms and Signs Have Changed in Swedish Children With Coeliac Disease.
- Gluten-Free Diet Has a Beneficial Effect on Chromosome Instability in Lymphocytes of Children With Coeliac Disease.
- Undiagnosed coeliac disease does not appear to be associated with unfavourable outcome of pregnancy.
- Oats induced villous atrophy in coeliac disease.
- Onset of coeliac disease: a prospective longitudinal study.
- Dietary treatment of coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
- The pathogenesis of coeliac disease.
- Disease mechanisms in coeliac disease.
- Coeliac disease--new clinical findings and diagnostic tools.
- Gliadin and tissue transglutaminase complexes in normal and coeliac duodenal mucosa.
- Problems Paying Out-of-Pocket Medication Costs Among Older Adults With Diabetes.
- UAA athlete refuses to let her diabetes keep her off court.
- Five honored as models of courage.
- Last week's poll asked readers how many times they or their child have been hospitalized for DKA since diagnosis. This week's poll asks readers about the insulin pump they use.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Smart Pumping for People with Diabetes, edited by Howard Wolpert, MD.
- Our page about Mini-Dose Glucagon Rescue for Hypoglycemia in Children With Type 1 Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.