July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
- We mourn the passing of Dr. Donough O'Brien, who generously shared his wisdom with CWD readers as a leading member of our Diabetes Team.
- Michelle is 14 and is from New Jersey.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Hodia is Idaho's camp for children with diabetes.
- We offer diabetes care recommendations based on the current state-of-the-art in caring for type 1 diabetes.
- You can read the transcript from last week's chat about our Friends for Life: LA 2004 conference, to be held from July 14-17, 2004 at the Sheraton Universal near Los Angeles.
- Mark McKenzie, a college student at Prairie Bible College, is doing a survey on the effects of diabetes in kids and their moods.
- SiDiary is a free Pocket PC program for managing and analyzing your diabetes data. You can track your blood glucose levels, carbohydrates, insulin, ketones, blood pressure, and notes for the whole day on just a single screen. It suggests a bolus dose for your individual coefficients and gives graphical feedback (pie chart, line chart, etc.) and several statistic parameters (highest, lowest, average, A1C, etc.). The desktop counterpart (for Windows 95, 98, Me, XP etc.) has the same range of functions and additionally import, export and printing features. Language support for English, German, Dutch, Slovak, French, Czech.
- MyVoiceID is a small, pager-sized recording device that can replay whatever you've recorded, such as "I have diabetes. Treat me for low blood sugar."
- Still in the Game is the story of Don Ray, born in 1934 and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1939.
- European Nicotinamide Diabetes Intervention Trial (ENDIT): a randomised controlled trial of intervention before the onset of type 1 diabetes. See also Nicotinamide Failed to Prevent Onset of Type 1 Diabetes Among High Risk Patients.
- GAD65 antibody isotypes and epitope recognition during the prediabetic process in siblings of children with type I diabetes.
- Antibodies to GAD65 Epitopes at Diagnosis and Over the First 10 years of Clinical Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Glycemic control, oxidative stress, and lipid profile in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Neurocognitive correlates of type 1 diabetes mellitus in childhood.
- Evaluation of sensorimotor polyneuropathy in children and adolescents with type I diabetes: associations with microalbuminuria and retinopathy.
- Vascular leucocyte adhesion molecules unaltered in the human retina in diabetes.
- Amylin inhibits bone resorption while the calcitonin receptor controls bone formation in vivo. See also Hormone linked to osteoporosis.
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin, Cardiovascular, and Renal Outcomes in a Pharmacist-Managed Clinic.
- Optical glucose sensor holds promise for patients.
- Insulin-producing cells found in unexpected places.
- Swedes link stress to diabetes in children.
- Insulin pump therapy in pediatrics: a therapeutic alternative to safely lower HbA1c levels across all age groups.
- Thinner needles do not influence injection pain, insulin leakage or bleeding in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Characteristics of glycemic control in young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Sweet dreams? - nocturnal hypoglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Treatment of hypertension and microalbuminuria in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Linear growth and height outcomes in children with early onset type 1 diabetes mellitus - a 10-yr longitudinal study.
- Lilly to withdraw four insulins from the UK market.
- Insulin lispro versus regular insulin in children with type 1 diabetes on twice daily insulin.
- Sources of errors in blood glucose self-monitoring in 100 young diabetics.
- Does the school nurse-to-student ratio make a difference?
- Prevalence of coeliac disease and longitudinal follow-up of antigliadin antibody status in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Battling diabetes with comics.
- Zags' Morrison gets respect for his game.
- Pitcher excels despite diabetes.
- Westford boy skates to raise money for diabetes cure.
- ASCENSIA Dream Fund Winner Launches Search For Teens With Diabetes To Conquer Scuba Diving.
- Last week's poll asked readers what blood glucose level they consider to be low. This week's poll asks readers if their diabetes team has discussed the benefits of ACE inhibitors with them.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Kids, Insulin Pumps & You ... A Parent's Guide to Insulin Pump Therapy for Kids by Kathy Spain, RN, BSN, CCRN.
- The Quilt for Life is Worth a Look.
- Due to CWD's trip to Italy this week, next week's What's New might be delayed.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Monday April 13, 2009 09:24:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.