July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
- Read the Preliminary Report from Italy 2004, a CWD IDYA trip to Italy.
- Leo is 13 and can speak Japanese.
- Hayden is four and lives in Canada.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Crestfield in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania offers excitement for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Ivy is a day camp in Hampton, Georgia.
- Camp Nejeda, a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Camp Stix an independent, community based summer camp located in Northeastern Washington, for children and teens with diabetes throughout the Northwest.
- Childhood Vaccination and Type 1 Diabetes.
- Longer breastfeeding is an independent protective factor against development of type 1 diabetes mellitus in childhood.
- High Incidence of Childhood Type 1 Diabetes in the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland, Canada.
- Type 1 diabetes: recent developments. Also in PDF format. See also the Rapid Responses.
- DCCT: The Study That Forever Changed the Nature of Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mortality in young people admitted to hospital for diabetes: database study. Also in PDF format.
- Genetic prediction of type 1 diabetes in a population with low frequency of HLA risk genotypes and low incidence of the disease (the DIABFIN study).
- Gender differences in GAD antibody - positive diabetes mellitus in relation to age at onset, C-peptide and other endocrine autoimmune diseases.
- TGF-beta regulates in vivo expansion of Foxp3-expressing CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells responsible for protection against diabetes.
- Diabetes Susceptibility Gene Discovered.
- Cost Analysis of Human Islet Transplantation for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes in the Swiss-French Consortium GRAGIL.
- London team reports diabetes breakthrough.
- Animal models of spontaneous autoimmune diabetes: notes on their relevance to the human disease.
- Inhalation of Insulin in Dogs: Assessment of Insulin Levels and Comparison to Subcutaneous Injection.
- Evidence of Functional Impairment of Syngeneically Transplanted Mouse Pancreatic Islets Retrieved from the Liver.
- Early Glycemic Control, Age at Onset, and Development of Microvascular Complications in Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
- Eighteen Years of Fair Glycemic Control Preserves Cardiac Autonomic Function in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A quality-of-life assessment of intensive insulin therapy using insulin lispro switched from short-acting insulin and measured by an ITR-QOL questionnaire: a prospective comparison of multiple daily insulin injections and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Bedside ketone determination in diabetic children with hyperglycemia and ketosis in the acute care setting.
- Evidence for a vicious cycle of exercise and hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Effects of Health Maintenance Organization Coverage of Self-monitoring Devices on Diabetes Self-care and Glycemic Control.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetes.
- "Expert patient"—dream or nightmare?
- A Short History of Pediatric Endocrinology in North America.
- Structural basis for HLA-DQ2-mediated presentation of gluten epitopes in celiac disease.
- Justice Department settles lawsuit against Miss. Department of Public Safety.
- Clinical research involving children.
- Don't let diabetes slow you down.
- Education is key to fighting diabetes.
- UCSC research sparks hope for diabetics.
- Diabetes web-care a success.
- Terrace Park team to race for diabetes.
- Randolph stays positive.
- Diabetes support group rejects label of 'disease'.
- Parents form countywide support group.
- A Diamond in the Rough.
- Video-Phone Used To Ease Diabetes Treatments.
- Preventing Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hope for young diabetes sufferers.
- Understanding Omega-3s.
- Halle Berry to Kick Off National Diabetes Education Campaign with the Entertainment Industry Foundation and Novo Nordisk. See also Halle Berry to Kick Off National Diabetes Education Campaign With the Entertainment Industry Foundation and Novo Nordisk and Diabetes Aware.
- Last week's poll asked readers if their diabetes team has discussed the benefits of ACE inhibitors with them. This week's poll asks readers what blood glucose meter they use most often.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Food and Diabetes - For Kids, Teens, Families and Caregivers by Doreen Yasui, RDN, CDE and Doreen Hatton, RN, MSN.
- The Travels of Rufus are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Monday April 13, 2009 09:24:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.