July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Plan on joining us for DC 2004: Focus on Pumping from September 3-5, 2004 at The Westin Grand in Washington, D.C.
- Emma is 13 and recently got a pump.
- Colleen is 13 and was diagnosed when she was six.
- The Quilt for Life now has 356 quilt squares.
- Reclassifying Insulins.
- We deployed a new chat room server on Sunday, April 18th. Guest chatters (the same as all users in the old chat rooms) can now see how many users are in each room, and registered users can see the names of people in each chat room. Cookies must be enabled in your browser to use the new chat rooms.
- Join us for a chat about the upcoming LA 2004 Conference on Wednesday, April 21st at 9pm Eastern in the LA 2004 chat room.
- We've reorganized our Support Groups pages and encourage readers to submit information about support groups in their area using our Feedback Form.
- Attend the Diabetes Transplant Summit on Thursday, April 22, 2004, 6:30 PM, Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, Maryland, to learn about islet cell transplantation.
- A Diabetes Education & Sports Day will be held on Sunday, May 2, 2004, from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Registration is free. Sponsored by DESA and Animas Corporation.
- FDA/NIH Diabetes Symposium Will Identify Disease Outcomes For Prevention And Treatment.
- We are running a survey about the NDEP School Guide for families who have received or downloaded a copy of Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed: A Guide for School Personnel.
- HealthSims is seeking parents of kids with diabetes, as well as older kids and adults with diabetes, to answer a survey about their experiences which will be used to augment their training program.
- 28 Days to Diabetes Control! offers motivation to make positive changes in your life.
- Depleting Anti-cd4 Monoclonal Antibody Cures New-onset Diabetes, Prevents Recurrent Autoimmune Diabetes, And Delays Allograft Rejection In Nonobese Diabetic Mice.
- Homeostatic Expansion of T Cells during Immune Insufficiency Generates Autoimmunity. See also Diabetes Type 1 could be caused by being too clean.
- Health and economic impact of combining metformin with nateglinide to achieve glycemic control: Comparison of the lifetime costs of complications in the U.K.
- The protective effects of ascorbic acid on arterial haemodynamics during acute hyperglycaemia.
- ImmunoDip: An Improved Screening Method for Microalbuminuria.
- Dick Clark discussed having type 2 diabetes with Larry King.
- 'It's second nature' Olds a hit for U-M softball team despite battling diabetes.
- Petersen Named Penguins' 2003-04 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year. See also Petersen Launches Latest JDRFI Auction.
- More kids sought to participate in free Texas Lions Camp.
- Diabetes no barrier for teen.
- Young Diabetics to Encamp.
- Last week's poll asked readers how many times they have had a retinal photograph as part of their diabetes eye care. This week's poll asks readers how they dispose of sharps at home.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is My Own Book About Pumping by Sandra J. Hollenberg.
- Our Art and Poetry section is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.