July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Gerard Martin is riding his bicycle across America to raise money for The Diabetes Research Institute---his niece is Colleen Crowley, a young lady who, along with her family, have been very active in both CWD and DRI. Learn how you can help by visiting the DRI Kids' 'Letter Riding' Across America web site.
- The Diabetes Team has published answers to 14,227 questions as of May 1, 2004. What's your question?
- Tiffani is 13 and lives in Louisiana.
- Kerstin is three years old.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Sugar Free Kids offers a fall retreat weekend for families in Delaware.
- The Professional's Pocket Guide to Infusion Site Management by Disetronic offers excellent guidance for all insulin pump users.
- We deployed a new chat room server on Sunday, April 18th. Cookies must be enabled in your browser to use the new chat rooms.
- You can read the transcript from the International Diabetes Youth Ambassadors chat held last week.
- Many new Support Groups have been added to our list. If you have information about a support group in your area, please let us know.
- May 6th is the National Conquer Diabetes Call-In Day.
- KID ICOD, created by a mom who has a child with diabetes, offers two colorful, easy-to-use diabetes logbook for kids -- one for injection therapy and one for insulin pump therapy.
- Food, Fun n' Fitness is a good book for those interested in finding their way back to the healthy food aisle.
- Aradigm's lead product up in air. See also Aradigm and Novo Nordisk Release Interim Analysis of Initial Pulmonary Insulin Phase 3 Trial.
- Normal weight promotes remission and low number of islet antibodies prolong the duration of remission in Type 1 diabetes.
- Pancreas transplant alone.
- The effect of spironolactone, cilazapril and their combination on albuminuria in patients with hypertension and diabetic nephropathy is independent of blood pressure reduction: a randomized controlled study.
- Acute, local effects of iontophoresed insulin and C-peptide on cutaneous microvascular function in Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Islet Cell Autoimmunity in a Triethnic Adult Population of the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
- A clinically orientated approach increases the efficiency of screening for latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) in a large clinic-based cohort of patients with diabetes onset over 50 years.
- Vitamin D: importance in the prevention of cancers, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, and osteoporosis. Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Consumption of high-fructose corn syrup in beverages may play a role in the epidemic of obesity. Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus in Catalonia: chronic complications and metabolic control ten years after onset..
- Anti-insulin activity in IgG-fractions from children with newly-diagnosed type 1 diabetes and negative for insulin autoantibodies.
- Insulin Sensitivity in the Offspring of Women With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Prevalence of Hepatic Steatosis After Islet Transplantation and Its Relation to Graft Function.
- Activating Mutations in the Gene Encoding the ATP-Sensitive Potassium-Channel Subunit Kir6.2 and Permanent Neonatal Diabetes. See also Neonatal Diabetes May Sometimes Be Treatable With Sulfonylureas, Breakthrough for diabetic babies and 'Old-fashioned' pills cure baby born diabetic.
- Insulin Detemir Offers Improved Glycemic Control Compared With NPH Insulin in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- What is the relative contribution of blood glucose levels at different time points of the day to HbA in Type 1 diabetes?
- A Direct Efficacy and Safety Comparison of Insulin Aspart, Human Soluble Insulin, and Human Premix Insulin (70/30) in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Short-Term Intensive Insulin Therapy in Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes.
- Treatment of Diabetic Gastroparesis by High-Frequency Gastric Electrical Stimulation.
- A double-blind study comparing 0.5% and 1% tropicamide for annual retinal screening in diabetic adolescents.
- Cost-effectiveness of flexible intensive insulin management to enable dietary freedom in people with Type 1 diabetes in the UK.
- Influence of Caffeine on Heart Rate Variability in Patients With Long-Standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- Recognizing and treating depression in patients with diabetes.
- Diabetes, Depression, and Quality of Life.
- Telecare for Patients With Type 1 Diabetes and Inadequate Glycemic Control.
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Telemedicine to Evaluate Diabetic Retinopathy in a Prison Population.
- Effect of macronutrient intake on the development of glucose intolerance during pregnancy.
- The Temporal Relationship Between the Onset of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease: A Study Based on Immunoglobulin A Antitransglutaminase Screening. Free full text available in HTML and PDF format.
- Effect of a gluten-free diet on gastrointestinal symptoms in celiac disease.
- Coeliac diet under scrutiny.
- Oats to children with newly diagnosed coeliac disease: a randomised double blind study. See also Oats tolerated by children with coeliac disease.
- Canadian Diabetes Association applauds insulin pump bill.
- Coroner Ruled Insulin Death a Homicide. See also Charges considered against mom in death of diabetic girl and Local Case Raises Concern About Dangers of Diabetes.
- In Noah's Voyage, Noah Moore will share his exploits in South America.
- Greenfield Battling Tough Off-field Opponent.
- Topeka athlete receives scholarship award.
- Kids MD - Juvenile Diabetes (ER Story).
- Diabetes club offers support.
- New diabetes spokesman needs to be more outspoken.
- Last week's poll asked readers where they or their child usually get blood for blood glucose tests. This week's poll asks readers how often they weigh or measure their food while at home.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Complete Guide to Carb Counting by Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE and Karmeen Kilkarni, MS, RD, CDE.
- Our page about Games and Other Products is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.