July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Carl is 6 1/2 and was diagnosed in October 2003.
- Alexis, now seven months old, was diagnosed at 8 weeks.
- We added two quilt squares to the Quilt For Life last week, bringing the total number of squares to 358.
- The Diabetes Hope Foundation offers scholarships for college to kids with diabetes living in Canada.
- Diabetes Interview magazine has changed its name to Diabetes Health. Previous articles are online in the Article Archive.
- A key aim of Diabetes Action Now from the World Health Organization is to raise awareness about diabetes and its related complications.
- How to Save Up to $3000 a Year on Your Diabetes Costs is an excellent resource for anyone who is struggling to pay for diabetes expenses.
- Life with Diabetes, Lacie the Lizard's Adventure is a new book for kids that features a lizard with diabetes who wears an insulin pump.
- The Beadin' Beagle offers medical identification jewelry for adults and older kids as well as younger kids.
- A randomised trial of nicotinamide and vitamin E in children with recent onset type 1 diabetes (IMDIAB IX) concludes that "the use of nicotinamide alone or in combination with Vit E along with intensive insulin therapy is able to preserve baseline C-peptide secretion for up to two years after diagnosis." Compare to European Nicotinamide Diabetes Intervention Trial (ENDIT): a randomised controlled trial of intervention before the onset of type 1 diabetes.
- The May 6, 2004 issue of the journal nature features Pancreatic insulin factories: Beta to beta and Adult pancreatic beta-cells are formed by self-duplication rather than stem-cell differentiation. See also Insulin-Producing Pancreatic Cells Are Replenished by Duplication.
- Autoimmunity to islet proteins in children diagnosed with new-onset diabetes.
- beta-Cell Secretory Function and CD25 + Lymphocyte Subsets In the Early Stage of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Autoimmune diabetes is blocked in Stat4-deficient mice. See also Disruption of a Gene May Prevent Type 1 Diabetes, University of Virginia Researchers Find.
- Up-Regulation of CD1d Expression Restores the Immunoregulatory Function of NKT Cells and Prevents Autoimmune Diabetes in Nonobese Diabetic Mice.
- Immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory action of antioxidants in rat autoimmune diabetes.
- History of diabetes mellitus and risk of prostate cancer in physicians.
- Skin denervation in type 2 diabetes: correlations with diabetic duration and functional impairments.
- Insulin pump benefits preschoolers with diabetes.
- Teaching families to work together improves diabetes management for low income kids, UMHS study finds. See also Families working together improves diabetes management for low income kids, study finds.
- Eye care in African Americans with type 1 diabetes; The New Jersey 725.
- Should we continue or stop insulin sensitizing drugs during pregnancy?
- Physical activity, body mass index, and risk of type 2 diabetes in patients with normal or impaired glucose regulation.
- Diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular derangements: pathophysiology and management.
- A Role for Bacteria in Celiac Disease?
- Tissue transglutaminase autoantibody detection in human saliva: A powerful method for celiac disease screening.
- Is immunoglobulin A anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody a reliable serological marker of coeliac disease?
- Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in coeliac disease are not a response to gut damage alone.
- Clinical features of children with screening-identified evidence of celiac disease.
- The risk of celiac disease in 107 families with at least two affected siblings.
- Wireless capsule video endoscopy: Three years of experience. Free full text.
- Miracle in Mexico.
- Holliston teens take part in diabetes study: Pair want to help find a cure for the disease.
- Kids lobby for diabetes research.
- Interview with Jake Slichter, drummer with diabetes.
- Disease is a fact of girl's life.
- Juvenile Diabetes.
- 'Bartman Ball' T-shirts now on sale.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they weigh or measure their food at home. This week's poll asks readers how they organize their diabetes supplies at home.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes: An Emotional Journey by Renea Jo Zosel.
- Our section about Alternate Site Testing is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.