July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Medtronic MiniMed Recalls Paradigm® Quick-set® Plus Infusion Sets.
- Catherine is 14 lives in Pennsylvania.
- We remember Janet DeNicola.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Sugar Falls is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Tennessee.
- The "Un-Tethered" Regimen by Dr. Steve Edelman offers pump users an alternative strategy by combining a pump with Lantus.
- BD's online Injection Demonstrations will take you step by step through the entire insulin injection procedure for one insulin or mixing two insulins.
- Join CWD Events Coordinator Laura Billetdeaux on Monday, May 24th at 9:00 pm Eastern for a special chat about this year's Friends for Life: LA 2004 annual conference.
- The Hanson Family Tour for a Cure web site reports on one family's journey to make a difference.
- Abstracts from the upcoming Scientific Sessions of the ADA are online. We have a page with selected abstracts.
- The significance of the prepubertal diabetes duration for the development of retinopathy and nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Inhaled insulin: May prove to be a panacea. See also responses to this editorial.
- Coxsackie B virus serology and Type 1 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review of published case-control studies.
- Left ventricular dysfunction in normotensive Type 1 diabetic patients: the impact of autonomic neuropathy.
- Development and progression of diabetic retinopathy in patients with Type 1 diabetes who are positive for GAD autoantibody.
- The value of the Rydel-Seiffer tuning fork as a predictor of diabetic polyneuropathy compared with a neurothesiometer.
- Decreased stiffness at the ankle joint in patients with long-term Type 1 diabetes.
- Cytokine profile in children during the first 3 months after the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
- Natural killer cells distinguish innocuous and destructive forms of pancreatic islet autoimmunity. See also 'Underappreciated' Immune Cells May Play Important Role in Progression of Type 1 Diabetes, Joslin Researchers Find.
- Diabetes Mellitus and Risk of Alzheimer Disease and Decline in Cognitive Function. See also Possible Mechanism for Link Between Diabetes and Alzheimer's Disease Discovered, Diabetes Linked To Increased Risk Of Alzheimer's In Long-term Study and Diabetes Linked to Increased Risk of Alzheimer's in Long-Term Study.
- Renal functional reserve in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- An increase in insulin sensitivity and basal beta-cell function in diabetic subjects treated with pioglitazone in a placebo-controlled randomized study.
- Insulin pump therapy for 1-6 year old children with type 1 diabetes.
- Childhood diabetes: parents' experience of home management and the first year following diagnosis.
- The impact of cognitive distortions, stress, and adherence on metabolic control in youths with type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence and clinical manifestations of eating disorders in Austrian adolescents with type-1 diabetes.
- Stressors and self-care challenges faced by adolescents living with type 1 diabetes.
- An assessment of the adequacy of suspension of insulin in pen injectors.
- A Las Vegas woman is charged with murder because police say she didn't give her 11-year-old diabetic daughter the insulin she needed to stay alive. See also Coroner Ruled Insulin Death a Homicide, Mom charged with murder in death of diabetic daughter, and Is Cheryl Botzet's Murder Charge Fair?
- Suit over insulin pump settled. See also Schools to get more diabetes training.
- Will Cross on Mt. Everest with Diabetes.
- 'The health service is good. It has helped me'.
- Diabetic teens risking health.
- Teens perform to raise funds to help fight juvenile diabetes.
- 'Family' key in Northern coach's struggle with transplant.
- Firm promotes diabetes education.
- Abbott Diabetes Care Launches New Precision Xtra(TM) Blood Glucose Test Strip.
- ChowBaby.com offers an extensive collection of Fast Food Calories.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they have a diabetes emergency kit prepared. This week's poll asks readers when they last refilled their glucagon prescription.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is How to Save Up to $3000 a Year on Your Diabetes Costs by Leslie Y. Dawson, MSc.
- Our page about Medical Identification Products is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.