July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Looking for an early vacation in 2005? Join us for the CWD 2005 Winter Cruise from February 10-14, 2005.
- We have a Preliminary Report from the 2004 Scientific Sessions of the ADA, underway in Orlando, Florida.
- "The Symptoms Experiment": Improving Diabetes Problem Solving among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus seeks teens with type 1 who go low (under 80 mg/dl) two or more times a month.
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes by Dr. Peter Chase is a superb first book for families newly diagnosed.
- UTS Diabetes is Palm OS software that tracks your blood glucose level, insulin injections, carbohydrates consumed and various medication intakes. UTS Diabetes is plug-in application that requires the full Universal Tracking System version to be installed on your Palm PDA.
- Generation of Insulin-Producing Cells from Stem Cells for Cell Replacement Therapy of Type 1 Diabetes. Full text available in PDF format.
- Prevention of Type 1A Diabetes: Update.
- Brief communication: early appearance of islet autoantibodies predicts childhood type 1 diabetes in offspring of diabetic parents.
- Enterovirus infections with beta-cell tropic strains are frequent in siblings of children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes children and in association with elevated levels of GAD65 antibodies.
- Thoughts on the Pathogenesis of Type 1 Diabetes and on the Arrest of Autoimmune Beta-Cell Destruction by Peptide p277 Vaccination.
- Selected Abstracts from the Annual Meeting of the Israel Association of Diabetes.
- First UK survey of paediatric type 2 diabetes and MODY.
- Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome in Children and Adolescents.
- Forearm blood glucose testing in diabetes mellitus. See also Children, Teens Prefer Forearm Glucose Testing.
- Why Pumps? Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion for Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin Pump Therapy for 1-6 Year Old Children with Type 1 Diabetes. Full text available in PDF format.
- Diabetes conundrum: Can control be too tight?
- Diabetes and physical activity in school.
- Atypical Antipsychotics and Diabetes Mellitus: An Association.
- Mass screening for coeliac disease using antihuman transglutaminase antibody assay.
- Diabetes becomes personal battle for Valle Crucis teacher.
- Youngsters learn to cope with diabetes.
- Diabetech(R) Announces GlucoDYNAMIX(TM); Real-Time Intensive Management Protocols for Diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they are stocking up on diabetes supplies in light of increased world tensions. This week's poll asks readers if they prefer the term "diabetic" or "person with diabetes."
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Real Life Parenting of Kids with Diabetes by Virginia Nasmyth Loy.
- Our page about Gestational Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Monday April 13, 2009 09:24:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.