July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Derek is eight and was diagnosed when he was six.
- New IDYA members include:
- Dylan Temple
- Rebecca Lipsker
- Tricia Davis
- Teens are invited to our monthly IDYA chat on Wednesday, June 30 at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- Chatters using Internet Explorer on a Macintosh computer have reported problems using the CWD chat rooms. We've tried to find out why the new chat rooms do not work with IE on the Mac but have not been successful. For users of OSX, we recommend that you download and use Safari, the browser made by Apple. For users of OS9, we recommend iCab.
- We're running a survey about infusion set disconnect devices.
- Factors Affecting Adherence to a Diabetic Medical Regimen in Adolescents with Type 1 Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus is a new nationwide study.
- Disturbed Eating Behavior and Eating Disorders in Preteen and Early Teenage Girls With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Pramlintide for the treatment of insulin-requiring diabetes mellitus: rationale and review of clinical data.
- A Multinational Comparison of Complications Assessment in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Nationwide, Prospective Registration of Type 1 Diabetes in Children Aged <15 Years in Norway 1989–1998.
- Type 1 Diabetes Among Sardinian Children Is Increasing.
- Pancreas Transplantation Improves Vascular Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cure of Overt Diabetes in NOD Mice by Transient Treatment With Anti-Lymphocyte Serum and Exendin-4.
- Hypoglycaemia with insulin aspart: a double-blind, randomised, crossover trial in subjects with Type 1 diabetes.
- A Randomized, Prospective Trial Comparing the Efficacy of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion With Multiple Daily Injections Using Insulin Glargine.
- Effects of Low and Moderate Antecedent Exercise on Counterregulatory Responses to Subsequent Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Helping other mothers effectively work at raising young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Peer victimization and psychosocial adjustment in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Poor glycemic control is associated with increased diastolic blood pressure and heart rate in children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Cerebral Edema in Childhood Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Improved Glycemic Control Without Weight Gain Using Triple Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes.
- In Vitro–Deranged Intestinal Immune Response to Gliadin in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Could increased maternal and foetal complications of pregnancy reflect hitherto undiagnosed coeliac disease?
- Diabetes Ambassador To Take Part in Education Tour.
- Diabetic rescue heroine tackles 26,000ft peak.
- 'This Old Cub' hits home for audience.
- Joslin Camp Celebrates 80th Anniversary.
- Diabetic children can swim and play at Camp Red Jacket.
- Michigan Doctor To Bike Across America To Help Cure Niece.
- Diabetes advocate sets out to raise awareness of the growing diabetes epidemic in developing countries.
- Last week's poll asked readers about nutritional supplements that they or their children take. This week's poll asks readers to report the age at which they or their children were diagnosed.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Lara Takes Charge by Rocky Lang and Sally Huss.
- cwdMail, which offers free email accounts with rigorous anti-spam filtering, is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:03
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.