September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
February 10-14, 2005
Departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Of Continuing Interest
- We have a full report from our Friends for Life: LA 2004 annual conference.
- Applications for the Ascensia Dream Fund are due by September 10, 2004. If you're 18 or older and have diabetes, you could win $150,000 to pursue your dream.
- Joslin researchers are seeking adolescent girls from across the United States who have had type 1 diabetes for at least 6 months and experience hypoglycemia (blood glucose less than 80) two or more times a month.
- Factors Affecting Adherence to a Diabetic Medical Regimen in Adolescents with Type 1 Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus is a new nationwide study.
- Effect of AC2993 with or without Immunosuppression on Beta Cell Function in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes is a new NIH study.
- A study examining Adaptive Responses To Exercise In Children With Type 1 Diabetes is being conducted in Orange County, California.
- You can send a message to Olympic swimmer Gary Hall, Jr..
New This Week
- ADA Launches Safe At School Campaign.
- We report on the just completed 2004 meeting of the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- The Diabetes Quiz is an interactive web site with questions about diabetes.
- Stimulation of pancreatic islet neogenesis: a possible treatment for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- C-Peptide Can Help Diagnose Fulminant Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus offers CME credit.
- An increasing trend in the incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in children aged 0-14 years in Romania--ten years (1988-1997) EURODIAB study experience.
- Critique of Biological variation in HbA1c predicts risk of retinopathy and nephropathy in type 1 diabetes.
- Critique of Randomized trials of vitamin e in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Maternal Plasma Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and Risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
- Long-term progression of retinopathy after initiation of insulin therapy in Type 2 diabetes: an observational study.
- Prevalence of 20S proteasome, anti-nuclear and thyroid antibodies in young patients at onset of type 1 diabetes mellitus and the risk of autoimmune thyroiditis.
- Regulatory T cells and type 1 diabetes.
- Does moderately severe hypoglycemia cause cognitive dysfunction in children?
- Warning on complementary therapy.
- Church rule: Communion of ailing girl invalid.
- No allelic variation in genes with high gliadin homology in patients with celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- Investigators in 11-year-old girl's death seek medical records, interviews in Colorado facility.
- Bearing the Olympic Torch for Diabetes Awareness.
- Islet Cells: The Diabetes Cure?
- Blanket ban denies potential paramedic.
- Help find a cure for triplets.
- Living with diabetes.
- Staying Alive.
- Little friends, big help.
- Type 1 survival: This first-grader doesn't let the disease interfere with his life.
- Bicycle event raises money for research.
- President will honor former Blazer for community work.
- Abbott Laboratories Increases Its Commitment To Diabetes Camps And Children With Diabetes — Camps To Receive More Than $100,000 In 2004, Diabetes Educators Recommend Children To Receive Scholarship Support.
- FDA Approves OptiClikTM, New Insulin Pen System.
- Joslin Diabetes Center launches research section on developmental and stem cell biology.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
I overheard the cutest thing while we were at a diabetes walk. Emily was walking in front of me with my 6 year old nephew. I was listening to them talk. He said to her, "Em, why are we walking around this place anyway?" I heard her tell him, "We are walking to find a cure for diabetes." My nephew said, "Well, where am I supposed to be looking for it?" I could have died laughing.
- Last week's poll asked readers to describe themselves. This week's poll asks readers if their children have 504 plans at school.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is 28 Days to Diabetes Control! by Lance Porter.
- Our page about Hyperglycemia and Ketone Testing is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:03
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.