Of Continuing Interest
- The Family Support Network includes 1,044 families from 50 states and 33 countries who are there to help. If you're new to diabetes, the Family Support Network will help you connect with families near you. If you haven't joined, please become part of the Family Support Network.
- Plan on coming to our Focus on Pumping regional conference at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, San Diego, California, from September 9-11, 2005.
- Diabetes Heroes is a program that celebrates the extraordinary efforts by individuals that make living with diabetes easier and more bearable. Heroes win $1,000 and other great prizes.
New This Week
- We're displaying the Quilt for Life at the 2005 Scientific Sessions of the ADA, underway in San Diego. We'll have a report from the conference online next week. This week's What's New is shorter than normal due to our participation in this conference.
- In just three weeks, hundreds of families from across the country and around the world will meet at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort at Disney World for Friends for Life 2005, the annual CWD summer conference. There are just a few rooms left at the hotel, so if you're thinking of coming, call Disney World soon at 407-939-1020 to reserve your room. This year's conference is shaping up to be the best ever!
- The Quilt for Life added six panels last week, bringing the total to 411.
- Fathers who have an adolescent child with diabetes are encouraged to participate in a new study, conducted online, called The dynamics of coping with diabetes: Father's perspectives.
- Maintaining State Regulated Health Insurance for Diabetes.
- GAO Report Examines Diabetes Coverage.
- Actrapid insulin withdrawal.
- Influence of diabetes on peripheral bone mineral density in men: a controlled study.
- Childhood diabetes in the Czech Republic: a steady increase in incidence.
- Antibody Response to Inhaled Insulin in Patients with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes. An Analysis of Initial Phase II and III Inhaled Insulin (Exubera) Trials and a Two-Year Extension Trial.
- Patterns of physical activity determined by heart rate monitoring among diabetic children.
- Blood glucose awareness training helps return insulin-treated aviators to the cockpit.
- Diabetes-Related Hypoglycemia Risk Greater With Jogging Than With Team Sports.
- Stuffed and ready to serve — the 'Staff Sergeant Thompson bear'.
- Diagnoses might be missing Type-1 diabetes, study says.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
After my son's endo appointment I took him to get his HbAlc done at the lab, because his doctor won't do the HbAlc in the office because insurance doesn't reimburse enough. The prescription has a list of labs with the ones that the doctor wants circled. Listed under HbAlc, which is not circled, is "HCG quantitative," which is circled. I handed the prescription to the phlebotomist, who read it, glanced over at my son and then asked me, "Does he need a pregnancy test?"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your child asks if breast milk is sugar free for the baby. See more parent humor.
- Last week's poll asked readers who use insulin pumps about the infusion set they use. This week's poll asks readers about how they pay for their diabetes supplies.
- FREE BD Logic blood glucose monitor. with purchase of only 50 BD Logic test strips ($74.99 Value)! New BD LogicTM Blood Glucose Monitor 5-Second Test Results ... With Less Pain. The new BD LogicTM Blood Glucose Monitor is ideal if you're looking for the convenience of a small and fast system that allows you to test with less pain. No other meter gives you such fast results using such a small amount of blood. From Diabetic Express, the online store partner and a sponsor of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Still in the Game by Don W. Ray.
- Our page on Specialty Foods is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:12
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.