Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to join CWD families for our Focus on Pumping Regional Conference from March 17-19, 2006 at the Philadelphia Marriott West Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Make plans now to join us for Friends for Life: Orlando 2006, the annual CWD summer conference. Special guests include Chris Dudley, former NBA star, and Jay Leeuwenburg, former NFL star, both of whom grew up with type 1 diabetes and excelled in professional sports.
- Our Insulin is Not a Cure t-shirts and bracelets make great gifts and can help educate others.
- The Family Support Network includes over 1,700 families from all 50 states and 46 countries who are there to help. If you're new to diabetes, looking for a baby sitter, or need a college parent, the Family Support Network will help you connect with families near you. If you haven't joined, please become part of the Family Support Network.
New This Week
- We're considering running CWD Adventures for older teens and adults. Please take our short survey and let us know if you'd be interested.
- Calling All School Advocates: ADA/CWD Need You!
- dLife recently aired an episode about relationships, which included a segment about Children with Diabetes.
- Rayana is three and was diagnosed in August 2004.
- Julie is 19 and is studying to be a nurse.
- The Quilt for Life now has 429 panels. We need many more in preparation for a showing at the Mall in Washington, D.C. Please consider making a panel.
- Moses Cheeks Basketball Diabetes Camp is a free day camp for kids with diabetes in the Chicago area.
- My Child Has Diabetes.
- In defence of the beta cell - a call to stop beta cell death.
- Stanford University in California is looking for a Research Coordinator to help develop and conduct studies of diabetes-related devices in children and adolescents with diabetes.
- Medi-Jector is a jet injector system.
- The metabolic syndrome: time for a critical appraisal: joint statement from the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes. See also the discussion at BioCritique.
- The 'accelerator hypothesis': relationship between weight, height, body mass index and age at diagnosis in a large cohort of 9,248 German and Austrian children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Smoking and incidence of diabetes among U.S. adults: findings from the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study. See also the discussion at BioCritique.
- The First Diabetes Educator Is the Family: Using Illness Representation to Recognize a Multigenerational Legacy of Diabetes.
- Family fights historical society to save home of insulin discoverer Banting.
- Constant care tells the story of two-year-old Aaron, who uses an insulin pump.
- What's the deal with diabetes?
- Diabetes can't slow Westview standout.
- Illness doesn't deter tenacious Gator.
- Kris Freeman: Diabetes Won't Keep Him From the Olympics.
- Dealing with diabetes.
- Living a big win over diabetes.
- Insulin capsule hopes for diabetics.
- Glucose, up close.
- Roche Diagnostics Recalls Some of its ACCU-CHEK® Aviva Meters in the U.S. Due to a Potential Electronic Malfunction.
- The insulin pump therapy accessible for all young diabetics: the Quebec Partnership for Diabetes Action's (QPDA) mission.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My six year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 on April 1 (of all days!) 2002. He is an avid Pokemon fan. We were teaching him how to read the nutrition labels and find out how many carbs are in various foods. One day he picked up a can of light lemonade and said "Mom, this does 2 points damage, can I drink this?" So now we track our carbs by how many "hit points" or how much "damage" a food will do.
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you automatically wake up at 2:00 a.m. See more parent humor.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they or their child do a blood glucose check per day. This week's poll asks readers what they use to record blood glucose values.
- The Featured Product of the Week is the ACCU-CHEK Aviva blood glucose monitor which is free with purchase of 100 Aviva test strips! Do you have insurance? Your diabetes supplies may be free. Visit us at www.DiabeticCareServices.com. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Conquering Diabetes by Anne Peters, M.D.
- The CWD Forums are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.