Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Pumping: Seattle 2008 Regional Conference, to be held from February 29 - March 2, 2008 at the Renaissance Seattle in Seattle, Washington.
- Make plans now to attend CWD's Friends for Life Annual Conference 2008, to be held at the Renaissance Orlando Resort at Sea World in Orlando, Florida, from July 23-27, 2008.
- The Children with Diabetes Quilt for Life will be displayed on the National Mall in Washington, DC from August 4-5, 2008.
- The Education for Children with Diabetes Foundation is offering scholarships for families and young adults to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2008 conference.
- Maple Grove Farms is offering a Family Scholarship to CWD's Friends for Life 2008 conference. Applications are due by January 15, 2008.
- With the holiday season approaching, we encourage CWD readers help make a difference through the Education for Children with Diabetes Foundation, the CWD Foundation, and the IDF's Life for a Child program.
New This Week
- CWD Sports Center host Rick Philbin offers tips for keeping fit in the winter in Exercising in Cold Weather.
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
Our two young children have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, possibly MODY. Should we consider putting them on insulin at this point?
See the answer.
- From the CWD Forums:
Uninsured young adult
- The Quilt for Life now has 599 panels. Please consider adding your panel in time for the showing on the National Mall in August 2008.
- Novo Nordisk Donnelly Awards offers scholarships for teen tennis players living with diabetes.
- Gary Hall, Jr. Foundation Offers Diabetes Cruise.
- Interesting Insulin Facts.
- Effects of controlled hypoglycaemia on cardiac repolarisation in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- "Type 1 on type 2" diabetes mellitus: autoimmune type 1 diabetes superimposed on established type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Proinsulin C-peptide abrogates type-1 diabetes-induced increase of renal endothelial nitric oxide synthase in rats.
- Prevalence and determinants of elevated apolipoprotein B and dense LDL in youths with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effect of apple cider vinegar on delayed gastric emptying in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a pilot study.
- A genome-wide scan for type 1 diabetes susceptibility genes in nuclear families with multiple affected siblings in Finland. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Neonatal Formula Feeding Leads to Immunological Alterations in an Animal Model of Type 1 Diabetes.
- FreeStyle Navigator(TM) Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Use in Children with Type 1 Diabetes using glargine-based multiple daily dose regimens: Results of a Pilot Trial.
- The duration of severe insulin omission is the factor most closely associated with the microvascular complications of Type 1 diabetic females with clinical eating disorders.
- Does every short stature child need screening for celiac disease?
- International Initiative To Study Viruses Implicated In Type I Diabetes Launched In London.
- Diabetes Nannies to the Rescue.
- Young diabetics bearing the brunt of public ignorance.
- Woman gets conditional sentence after daughter dies from diabetes.
- Man called 911 for seizure, was hit by stun gun, files suit.
- WTT, Novo Nordisk team up to offer scholarships to young tennis players with diabetes.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My older son Ross (11 years old) took out our pretend Harry Potter magic wand and did a spell for his brother (age 6) with diabetes. Ross said "pancreas repairus" and James laughed and laughed. He loves Harry Potter. You may be familiar with the occulus repairus spell that Hermoine does to Harry's glasses! If only Ross's spell worked!
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you buy a new lancet device for your child's Christmas ... and they thank you! See more parent humor.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they commemorate their diagnosis date. This week's poll asks readers what they do with their insulin pump infusion set tubing.
- The Featured Book of the Week is When You're a Parent with Diabetes by Kathryn Gregorio Palmer.
- Our page about Holiday Songs is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Monday April 13, 2009 09:24:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.