Understanding Diabetes, 13th Edition by H. Peter Chase, MD, and David M. Maahs, MD, PhD. Published by the Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver, 2015. ISBN 978-0-9832650-6-1. US$25.00 plus $5.00 shipping.
If you only have one book about diabetes, Understanding Diabetes should be it. There are more technical books, but none better to help you understand how to live successfully with type 1 diabetes. Representing the clinical practice methods of the The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, the 13th Edition, published in 2015, is completely up-to-date, including the latest on insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring, and research efforts such as the Bionic Pancreas. Understanding Diabetes is both comprehensive and easy to read -- a great combination for anyone living with type 1 diabetes, regardless of their age (this isn't a book just for kids with type 1 diabetes).
In summary, no other book about diabetes offers the depth and breadth of Understanding Diabetes. That's reason enough to get a copy. And at US$25, it's so inexpensive that you can't afford to be without it. You can order the book online.
Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver
4380 South Syracuse Street
Denver, CO 80237
Recently Featured Books
- Understanding Diabetes, 13th Edition (3/21/2018)
- Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle (3/14/2018)
- The Fight to Survive: A Young Girl, Diabetes, and the Discovery of Insulin (3/7/2018)
- My Sister Has Diabetes and How That Makes Me Feel (2/28/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (2/21/2018)
- Taking Control of Your Diabetes, 4th Edition (2/14/2018)
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (2/7/2018)
- The Little Red Sports Car (1/31/2018)
- The Insulin Express (1/24/2018)
- Understanding Insulin Pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitors and the Artificial Pancreas, 3rd Edition (1/17/2018)
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday March 21, 2018 13:21:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.