There's nothing like expert advice to help you through a problem. Our experts are adults and teens who've grown up with diabetes. They're eager to share their experiences and wisdom.
- Ben Cooper describes the cocktail of supplements that has kept him free from type 1 diabetes
- Bill Bell receives first 75-year-on-insulin award from Lilly in August 2004
- Brenda is interested in the insulin pump
- Christian just received a pancreas transplant to cure his Type 1 diabetes
- Emily is 20 and was diagnosed when she was nine
- Ruth Beck, who developed diabetes after the birth of her second child
- Henry K. Bentley, living with insulin-dependent diabetes since 1943
- Marc Blatstein shares with us his experiences living with Type 1 diabetes in The "Can Dos" vs. the "Can't Dos" of Diabetes and Winning With Diabetes and Tae Kwon Do.
- Laura Cackowski writes about being teased and bullied as a teen
- Dr. Claudia Chaufan, an endocrinologist and diabetes educator with Type 1 diabetes for over 25 years
- Ivannia Diaz, who writes about children with diabetes in Costa Rica
- George Forrest emphasizes that you can be in control of diabetes
- Jessica is 19 and attends college
- Julie is 19 and is studying to be a nurse
- Julian from Australia, a keen sailboarder and sailer.
- Norm L. Hefner, living with insulin-dependent diabetes since 1947
- Alfonso Javier Castro Ibarra, who tells us about diabetes in Mexico in both his native Spanish and in an English translation.
- Mie Kaieda lives in Tokyo, Japan
- Bill King writes about how important exercise is to everyone's health
- Jeff Lambert, a personal fitness trainer and diabetic since age three
- Rick Largent received the first LillyforLifeTM Achievement Award
- Brian Mozisek, who write about his pump experiences
- Ivan Scheblykin, from Russia, tells us about how athletics has helped him reduce his insulin needs
- Dr. Marco Songini is a diabetologist from Italy who also has Type 1 diabetes
- Maureen has type 1 diabetes and is a police officer
- Michelle Spaulding writes about Insulin Pumps and HMOs.
- Norma is 25 and shares her experience of being diagnosed at 15
- Patrick is from eastern France and is now running marathons
- Cliff Tener has had Type 1 diabetes for 35 years
- Damon Vailati is 22 years old and is currently a personal trainer and aspiring fitness model.
- Richard Vaughn has lived with type 1 diabetes for over 65 years
- Donna Zegalia, who celebrated 27 years with juvenile diabetes in May 1996
Other pages by or about adults with diabetes
- The poetry of Gary Hempleman, a long-time CWD visitor who passed away in December 2002, is organized online at DiabetesPoetry.com.
- Diabetes Stories presents audio recordings of the life-stories of 50 people diagnosed with diabetes between 1927 and 1997.
- CureWalk recounts the journey of Will Cross, who has had type 1 diabetes for 26 years and walked 730 miles over 60 days from the Antarctic coast to the South Pole as part of the NovoLog Ultimate Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Diabetic Mommy provides resources and support to diabetic women of all types (type 1, type 2, gestational diabetes) in all states of life (pregnancy, conception, parenting).
- Famous Diabetics lists hundreds of famous people who have (or had) diabetes. No distinction is made between those with Type 1 and those with Type 2.
- Sebastien Sasseville Inspires
Last Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014 19:28:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.